BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Esther and I have registered for CCR2011 and I have booked my vacation time. Anyone else from Canada going?

Garry

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have never attended but seems to be a great event. What are the registration costs and timing of your departure? I would assume a two to three day ride one-way.

Mugz

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Mugszy said:
Have never attended but seems to be a great event. What are the registration costs and timing of your departure? I would assume a two to three day ride one-way.

Mugz
Click HERE and go to post # 5 for info on CCR This will be our 5 year & it is a blast. :bike:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mugszy said:

Mugz
Hey Mauro, departing Aug 25, going to take 5 days @ 800 Km / day. Es will be with me so I can't do iron butt it. It's about $140 pp.

Garry

·
Registered
511 Posts
Registration, breakfast and shirt purchase confirmed, so now I guess I need a room...
Any takers? I don't snore much... :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mugszy said:
Registration, breakfast and shirt purchase confirmed, so now I guess I need a room...
Any takers? I don't snore much... :)
Hey I've set up a route to Boise, nothing back yet. Sorry, don't think Es would be comfortable sharing a room...

Waiting for confirmation email so that we can book our room.

Garry

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
We're probably going Garry, we're in Thunder Bay so will be coming around the west side of L Superior. Probably touring to California and up the Pacific coast after CCR. This would be our 2nd.

Ron

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
itspossible said:
We're probably going Garry, we're in Thunder Bay so will be coming around the west side of L Superior. Probably touring to California and up the Pacific coast after CCR. This would be our 2nd.

Ron
Our rooms are booked, we will fly a Canadian flag so come see us. Should have our GTL by then.

Garry

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
garry_kramer said:
Hey I've set up a route to Boise, nothing back yet. Sorry, don't think Es would be comfortable sharing a room...

Waiting for confirmation email so that we can book our room.

Garry
I suspect there will be several of us traveling that leg from St. Louis to Boise and from KC to Boise. Not sure I'll have a flag and not sure I'll be flyin' but I'll definitely be moving at a good clip.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, we are on the way. We are staying for 2 days in Radium, BC. Then off to Missoula, MT to meet MountianMoma on Monday. Then to Boise on Tuesday.

Anyone from Ontario going?

Garry

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, we are on the way. We are staying for 2 days in Radium, BC. Then off to Missoula, MT to meet MountianMoma on Monday. Then to Boise on Tuesday.

Garry

·
Registered
511 Posts
garry_kramer said:

Garry

Hey Gary,

Trust you are enjoying the wild, wild west...

Sorry to say I will not be making it this year after all but I know it will be a great time. Hopefully we can team up for next year's CCR.

Best regards,

Mugz

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are back. Had a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3560 km total and a new rear tire.

Garry

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome back to Alberta Garry.

Looks like you guy's had a great time in Boise.

Did you have any problems with the weather & mountain passes to be specific?

Rod (BMW R1200Cl) & I will be off on Thursday for a 2600 mile trip in the same general direction, but taking some back roads, while doing Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bighopper said:
Welcome back to Alberta Garry.

Looks like you guy's had a great time in Boise.

Did you have any problems with the weather & mountain passes to be specific?

Rod (BMW R1200Cl) & I will be off on Thursday for a 2600 mile trip in the same general direction, but taking some back roads, while doing Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.
Weather was great except the first day we arrived, it was 35c and very hot. the rest of the time it cooled down. didn't have a drop of rain the whole time. Mountain passes were ok, but lots of traffic on Logans pass as it was the long weekend. pass is closed mon-thurs for construction, open on the weekends.

Have a great time there. only Cops we saw were coming home in Alberta.

Garry

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks Gary for the heads up on Logan...we did that a few years ago & the construction wasn't too bad but the slow traffic was something else. So we decided to go around Glacier Park & then head South from there. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

garry_kramer said:
Weather was great except the first day we arrived, it was 35c and very hot. the rest of the time it cooled down. didn't have a drop of rain the whole time. Mountain passes were ok, but lots of traffic on Logans pass as it was the long weekend. pass is closed mon-thurs for construction, open on the weekends.

Have a great time there. only Cops we saw were coming home in Alberta.

Garry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts