BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to put the LT up for the year :D . So I filled it up with 93 no corn octane (available 2 miles from home) and added up this years miles & cost. I'm fairly good at keeping my receipts but I might be missing a few.

37,467 miles rode in 2010 I sure wish I could get more than 15 vacation days a year.

$ 2376.58 In gas & used 798.91 gallons
$ 246.09 Spent at BMW dealers(1 pr rear pads,7 cam buckets & misc. parts)
$ 603.07 Two front & two rear tires mounted ( I do my own balancing)
$ 72.04 Shoei parts
$ 67.12 Two more pair of rear pads
$ 64.81 One set of front pads
$ 129.99 One rear EBC rotor
$ 554.61 Satellite tracker,Jensen radio & misc. stainless fasteners
$ 90.00 Speeding ticket
$ 30.00 Misc. cleaning supplies
$ 317.60 Full coverage insurance
$ 00.00 Seven oil & filter changes (I have a oil & filter sponsor)

$ 4551.91 And a lot more fun than any amusement park I've ever been to.

Ride Safe and Have a Happy New Year

·
Registered
407 Posts
"$ 90.00 Speeding ticket"

Besides the free oil and filters that's the best bargain on your list! Speeding tickets cost about $400.00 here! Thanks for the post.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tonygret said:
"$ 90.00 Speeding ticket"

Besides the free oil and filters that's the best bargain on your list! Speeding tickets cost about $400.00 here! Thanks for the post.
The speeding ticket was in Bluff City TN. They installed a camera at a intersection and slowed the speed limit from 55mph to 45mph for 300ft. They called it the Bluff City Camera Safety Program. I made the check out to the Bluff City Extortion Program.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fpmlt said:
Shouldn't there be some motel/campsite expenses in there too?
I don't consider lodging as riding expenses or food either. But I spent three nights in motels & six nights at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. The three motels cost $149.64 and the six nights at the lodge cost $25 + tax each night.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
$94 for a speeding ticket is CHEAP! They start at $194 here. Not me! My wife got one! Ouch!

Loren

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Dave, as I was reading your posts, I felt as though something was very wrong. I just noticed what it is. You're riding on the wrong side of the country!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fpmlt said:
Dave, as I was reading your posts, I felt as though something was very wrong. I just noticed what it is. You're riding on the wrong side of the country!
Last year I decided to ride more in my state & learn the roads in the mountains. I rode about 6,000 miles out of North Carolina.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That is interesting data Dave. Looks like you use the brakes too much :histerica My speeding ticket was $500 for the shyster lawyer and 200 fine & costs. I guess the mouth piece was worth it, he kept my record clean but it still hurt. I am now a firm believer in cruise control, but that wouldn't have helped in your situation. Thanks for sharing your data. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Interesting stats, Dave.

37k miles in 1 year is pretty darn good. Best wishes for an equally-safe and successfull 2011.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew I forgot something I need to add $8 for a set of Autolite spark plugs :bmw: .

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
saddleman said:
I knew I forgot something I need to add $8 for a set of Autolite spark plugs :bmw: .
How do you like the Autolites? I always used them in my cars when I could get them. Are they platinum/iridium or just plain plugs?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
saddleman said:
I decided to put the LT up for the year :D . So I filled it up with 93 no corn octane (available 2 miles from home) and added up this years miles & cost. I'm fairly good at keeping my receipts but I might be missing a few.

37,467 miles rode in 2010 I sure wish I could get more than 15 vacation days a year.

$ 2376.58 In gas & used 798.91 gallons
$ 246.09 Spent at BMW dealers(1 pr rear pads,7 cam buckets & misc. parts)
$ 603.07 Two front & two rear tires mounted ( I do my own balancing)
$ 72.04 Shoei parts
$ 67.12 Two more pair of rear pads
$ 64.81 One set of front pads
$ 129.99 One rear EBC rotor
$ 554.61 Satellite tracker,Jensen radio & misc. stainless fasteners
$ 90.00 Speeding ticket
$ 30.00 Misc. cleaning supplies
$ 317.60 Full coverage insurance
$ 00.00 Seven oil & filter changes (I have a oil & filter sponsor)

$ 4551.91 And a lot more fun than any amusement park I've ever been to.

Ride Safe and Have a Happy New Year
you CRACK me up.

this is great.

It backs up the approx 10 cents / mile expense for the LT.

I get paid 45 cents per mile for my company to drive to locations around Florida and every penny of it goes into my motorcycle fund. I figure by the end of a few years I should have enough in the bank for a new LT if they ever come out with one :)

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bugman37 said:
I wanna know where you get that cheap insurance. Mine is over $700 a year!!!
I have my home & vehicles with Allstate. I receive two discounts. One for being an experienced rider & the other for having completed the MSR course. My deductable is $100.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pauleknight said:
you CRACK me up.

this is great.

I get paid 45 cents per mile for my company to drive to locations around Florida and every penny of it goes into my motorcycle fund. I figure by the end of a few years I should have enough in the bank for a new LT if they ever come out with one :)
If I hadn't bought the satellite tracker & the Jensen marine radio it would be around 10 cents a mile. Hope to see ya at the River Ranch this sat.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
saddleman said:
The speeding ticket was in Bluff City TN. They installed a camera at a intersection and slowed the speed limit from 55mph to 45mph for 300ft. They called it the Bluff City Camera Safety Program. I made the check out to the Bluff City Extortion Program.
Oh great, NOW when you go back to Bluff City they just may call YOUR bluff! ;)

I got one for going 4 freakin' miles over the limit. No points since I went to diversion school, but it cost me $260.00 total and the better part of one day.

When I told the motorcycle occifer that I was a very prudent careful person driving an almost new car with great tires, a pilot and neighborhood watch block leader, and had not had a ticket in 15 years he looked at me and said "That's nice, and I'm sure you're a great guy to boot - but we're out here today to make money for the city."

There were THREE others lined up on the road as I passed by.

I told him to have a nice day and I hoped that his nuts would fry this coming summer on his Harley. He thought that was pretty funny - but refused my request to tear up the ticket. :p

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
RonKMiller said:

I got one for going 4 freakin' miles over the limit. No points since I went to diversion school, but it cost me $260.00 total and the better part of one day.

When I told the motorcycle occifer that I was a very prudent careful person driving an almost new car with great tires, a pilot and neighborhood watch block leader, and had not had a ticket in 15 years he looked at me and said "That's nice, and I'm sure you're a great guy to boot - but we're out here today to make money for the city."

I told him to have a nice day and I hoped that his nuts would fry this coming summer on his Harley. He thought that was pretty funny - but refused my request to tear up the ticket. :p
Great stroy, thanks! I hope he gets his. 4 miles over for pete's sake. :rolleyes:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RonKMiller said:

The Bluff City camera is strictly a money maker. A few state legislatures tried to stop it but because it brings in as much as $250,000 a month it never got voted down. You just pay the fine no points or insurance increase. The check had to clear by a certain date or I would have had to go in front of the judge. They waited until the very last day to deposit my check. Just messing back with me I suppose.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
pauleknight said:
you CRACK me up.

this is great.

That is only the operating cost. You really have to figure in the capital cost to get a real feel for the actual costs. Depreciation is almost always the largest expense related to operating a passenger vehicle.

I think it is fun to keep track and run the numbers,but I seldom think about the numbers when riding. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts