BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Man this forum is so great.
Had my LT for a month or so and one of the rear speakers comes and goes. The is nothing wrong with the connection at the speaker or across on the other speaker where it connects. Do I just need to take the tupperware off and look further. I am dreading this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you checked the connection did you clean it I bought a can of cleaner for the electrical connections at auto zone but I can't remember the name of it you might won't to try that. Unfortunately that didn't work for me but both rear speakers and one front quit working had to replace the radio because the amp was bad about 700.00 to fix hope yours is not as expensive to fix.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried disconneting the battery and re-booting but still one of the speakers is not working....Funny thing is now it's the front (right) speaker that is not working. This kinda tells me that it is a amp thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
0208 said:
When you checked the connection did you clean it I bought a can of cleaner for the electrical connections at auto zone but I can't remember the name of it you might won't to try that. Unfortunately that didn't work for me but both rear speakers and one front quit working had to replace the radio because the amp was bad about 700.00 to fix hope yours is not as expensive to fix.

I too am dealing with the amp issue. I've checked several places and there all between 800.00-850.00 Where did you fined one for 700.00????

·
Registered
607 Posts
Dragonstail69 said:
I too am dealing with the amp issue. I've checked several places and there all between 800.00-850.00 Where did you fined one for 700.00????
Do a search on this forum for "Becker".

They refurbish the LT radios for $400-$450. They can even install an aux jack on the front of your radio.

I have not had mine refurbished yet. Some on this forum have had their rebuilt radios only last a year. Some have had much better luck. Some have replaced with a Jensen Marine radio.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Is it possible to swap the rear speakers? Either with the wires or physically. Just to make sure the speaker is not defective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts