BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an early evening ride with my bride and I have to say that there many things about this motorcycle that I really like. One of the neatest is the electric windshield! Didn't think it would be that big of a deal but I like being able to adjust the windshield depending on what kind of riding I am doing. Just awesome! :dance:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gotta say that I really like that ability too. Moving slow in town, drop it right down and get the wind in the face (with the visor up), get out on the road at speed and slide it up until the wind is just rolling off the top of the helmet. No, I don't wear a full face helmet, I wear a 3/4 helmet in an XXL, I guess I have a swelled head 'cause I can't even get most XXL full face helmets on my head, and wearing glasses doesn't make that any easier, although if I had detachable ears I could get more of them on!:D.

Try adjusting the little wings under the mirrors if you want more or less airflow around your lower body, they make quite a big difference too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Always point this out as my favorite function as well. It saved my life once when I rode though an area near a creek in the morning. The shield instantly glazed over from the sudden change in humidity and temp. I quickly hit the button and moved it all the way down and out of my line of sight. On a Goldwing, I would have been leaning hard to the side to look around the shield as I found a way to the curb until I could wipe off the condensation.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree 100%, my Goldwing I hated the screen, it would fog over, get rained on and not clear, etc. On my LT I got caught in the rain, just moved it down out of the way and closed the visor on my helmet, pressed on with the ride. I love it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yup - agree with this thread whole heartedly. I use the adjustment on the shield every time I tide, and many times each ride. It's something you don't realize until you have one.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yep. Mine is usually either all the way up when my wife is riding with me, or all the way down when we're riding through a town or I'm riding alone. It's a very cool feature.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Yep, I too use it many times every ride.:bmw: I just bump it up until I have no ear wind noise. Love it!!!:bmw:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts