BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded from my 1985 k100 LT to a 1999 canyon red LTC with 10,000 miles last sept. I love the bike ! I am the third owner. The first owner bought it from hermy's in PA. He had ohlins installed on it and removed the center stand. He did not pass the center stand or ohlins manual and wrench along to the second owner.
I found info on shock set up but I feel the bike sits to low. I have reinstall the center stand and I drag it often. I do not think of myself as a sport rider.
When I have the bike on the center stand with the rear tire off the ground I see about one inch of gap between the bottom rubber bumper and the bottom of the shock body(one inch of chrome rod showing.) Should there be more?
The standard spring is on it 74/180

Thanks Keith

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I look in the owners book the rear spring travel (bump) is 3.94 inch, spring travel rebound 1.18 inch for total travel of 5.12.
Looking at shock when it's on center stand I thought it should be extended more than a inch. Am i right to think this or am looking at this wrong?

Keith

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think the "standard" set-up from ohlins has the bike sitting a bit taller than stock(1"+/-) Could have been ordered shorter though I guess. The rear tire on my stock 08 is about an 1" off of the ground on the center stand. These guys should be able to help you with any shock info/suggestions. http://www.kyleusa.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts