BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my fuel filter from Beemer Boneyard today. I bought some good fuel line hose to replace the hoses inside the tank. The straight piece of hose was no sweat but the Ushaped piece on top wanted to kink. I took a piece of 5/16 cooler line with a bend in it and smoothed out the edges. I pushed it up into the hose at the bend to keep it from kinking. Worked great. Got my brass quick disconnects installed and put some fuel in the tank and it busted right off. I put all the tupperware back on and test drove it. Runs great. It sure is good to have it running again. I'm going to a rally in Maggie Valley in May and ride the dragon and few other hot spots out there. I want everything ship shape................. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hope you bought the EXPENSIVE Immersion rated fuel line, not regular fuel injection hose!
The regular line will soften in about 4-5 days and blow off the filter (Ask me how I know). I bought mine at NAPA, it only comes in 1 foot lengths - at around 40$. I hate doing a job twice!

BTW, A big Thanks to the Forum for helping be with my dead bike, the fuel line came off the filter. Found the info with a search and confirmed the problem in minutes and saved a lot of diagnostic time.

This Forum ROCKS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered some submersible fuel line today. It's $25 a foot. I'll redo the lines. I had no idea there was a difference. The fun just never ends............ :histerica

1 - 3 of 3 Posts