BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my 2000 LT in May decided to repair it myself, finished repair mid August and took it on a 3000 mile test hop, bike performed flawless. If it was not for the cruise control I would have never made it. ABS still not working, next project is taking the ABS valve apart to see what makes it tick or in my case not tick.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
2 thumbs up Sonny!:thumb: :thumb:
I hope you get the ABS to work as they should. Have you checked all the electrical connections first?:think:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zippy_gg said:
2 thumbs up Sonny!:thumb: :thumb:
I hope you get the ABS to work as they should. Have you checked all the electrical connections first?:think:
I did not have time to really get into the ABS system checks prior to going on the planned trip other than cleaning and gaping the sensors plus checking wires were connected. At this point it could be anything but I suspect bad ABS valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chockkicker said:
I wrecked my 2000 LT in May decided to repair it myself, finished repair mid August and took it on a 3000 mile test hop, bike performed flawless. If it was not for the cruise control I would have never made it. ABS still not working, next project is taking the ABS valve apart to see what makes it tick or in my case not tick.

ok, NOW my feelings are hurt....

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Abs

The ABS may only need resetting by a dealer. Was it working before the mishap? ABS will not self reset if it has a HARD ERROR in the memory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts