BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding. I actually got a chance to ride my GS today for the first time off road. It was just great!

The most fun began when I took a back road from Foresthill to Colfax. The road was full twists and turns, lots of rocks, gravel and all the other stuff I try to avoid on the LT. The views were fantastic and the colors were very vibrant.

On the down side I encountered a couple of tow trucks pulling a car up from a 300 foot drop. The driver went over the side and died at the scene. The accident happened in June and today was the day they retrieved the car.

To see a few photos of the ride please click here:

http://www.dellfields.com/First_GS_Ride.html

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Dell,

Doesn't take long to fall in Love with a GS huh?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Good for you Dell...!

I guess the GS opens new horizons...:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
amarider said:
Dell,

Doesn't take look to fall in Love with a GS huh?
It didn't take me long at all. By the time I arrived in Foresthill I was amazed at how the bike handled on the twisties. The fun part came when I got on the dirt road. Joan and I accidentally ended up there once on the LT. It was the most stressful ride I have ever had. We managed to crawl our way to the end.

When I bought the GS from Raffy I kept thinking about that road and how fun it would be on the GS; it was. I was a little cautious on the curves but on short straight sections I would take it up to about 35mph. It was so cool just floating over the rocks and dirt. The back of the bike was really dusty from the "fishtail" I created.

However, being the "chicken" I am when I hit a curve it was first or second gear all the way.

Now I understand what you have been saying all along, John.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Don't ask how I typed look instead of Long?:confused:
But Dell understood what I wasn't saying......

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Congrats Dell, it was a FINE day for a ride, on or off road. I sat here looking out the window all day long wishing I was going SOMEWHERE!

Now if they only made a GS for the short legged challenged folks... :D :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bridge!!!

So THAT'S where that road goes - I was always too chicken to take it past the pavement on the LT - but then again I was with two Harley riders at the time - so I think it was THEM that backed down - yeah - that's how I remember it now...

Did you ride across that swaying bridge? I don't see any pics. of you on the other side... :D

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
RaffyK said:
They do Hal. Here you go:

Now it's official!!! Raffy has ALL the toys!!!:rotf:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gino said:
So THAT'S where that road goes - I was always too chicken to take it past the pavement on the LT - but then again I was with two Harley riders at the time - so I think it was THEM that backed down - yeah - that's how I remember it now...

Did you ride across that swaying bridge? I don't see any pics. of you on the other side... :D
Oh yeah, I rode it. It was not a challenge and on the bike I couldn't even feel the sway of the bridge. I got lazy about taking pictures after the bridge plus the delay waiting for the tow truck almost made me late for an afternoon appointment so I didn't stop after the bridge.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
RaffyK said:
They do Hal. Here you go:

I wonder if Shredder can hook me up with one of those.... Raffy, you have farkels for it? Bet it gets poor beer milage though... :D :D

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Yes. They are available for $136.00 from A&S. I already checked after I posted earlier.

Farkles? I think 'Safety Essentials' should be the operative word. Easier to justify to the SO.

We can hang a couple of HIDs, Motolights, Dual Hella horns and hook a trailer with a electric start 1000 watt generator.

Reckon that should be enough for starters.

Missed you at HDDC tonight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
LodiHal said:
I wonder if Shredder can hook me up with one of those.... Raffy, you have farkels for it? Bet it gets poor beer milage though... :D :D
Yeah, Missed you tonight.

Rumor has it, Hal has a new mistress that is keeping him away from us these days...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts