BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done!

I'd have to say it is surprisingly harder to do than any battery install I've done before (and I'm including replacing the battery in my Audi which is a pain in the but). It took me about 1.5 hours all in.

You gotta space the battery up above the metal tabs on the battery tray, so I found some oak I had floating around and cut that up to the right size (thankfully the battery hold down bracket still fits without modification). Maybe with oak "parts" I can call my bike a classic??!!! I had to drill a hole in the negative cable terminal connector to get it attached to the K1200LT Odyssey connector kit. Once done, I do like the fact that I now have easily accessible spare terminals. I did notice that my remote key fob stopped working, but maybe 10 presses later it started working again.

After a throttle reset and a battery charge I'll be done, and then move on to the other 10 or so items I have on my list.

I also just finished replacing my Nav II and wiring in (and mounting, which took some Dremel work and some special spacers etc) my Zumo 660. It all works. Now on to my dice / iphone install and then moving my Starcom1 Advance intercom from my VTX to the LT. And after all that, an ABS and feed circuit bleed is needed, then the weep hole is last.

It's a good thing I have two bikes or I'd have PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)!! I can't wait to have this all finished......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow!!
Go Go Go Go Go! :clapping:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts