BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is there to installing the lower (2") heated seat on a 02 K1200LT-C?

Doug

·
Old Dawg
3,285 Posts
I have a 2002 with the lowered seat installed. The main thing that you have to do to make it fit is grind down the plastic on the side panels below the seat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowered seat installed

scottydawg said:
I have a 2002 with the lowered seat installed. The main thing that you have to do to make it fit is grind down the plastic on the side panels below the seat.
HOW MUCH GRINDING?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just completed the project on my 02. You cut the plastic not grind it. There are several post on the old site that shows you in detail how it is done. I used a coping saw to make the cuts. There are two metal tabs that have to be cut off as well. I used a Dremel with a cutting blade to do that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are several post on the old site that shows you in detail how it is done.

I'm new here can someone direct me to the old site?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
damenke said:
There are several post on the old site that shows you in detail how it is done.

I'm new here can someone direct me to the old site?
At the bottom of the page is a forum jump box -- select the .net archive choice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mneblett said:
At the bottom of the page is a forum jump box -- select the .net archive choice.
I still can't find it... HELP Please!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
damenke said:
I still can't find it... HELP Please!
In the Forum Jump pop-up box, select the "BMWLT.net Archive Forums" choice -- it's right above the "General Discussion" header.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, guys I have the opposite problem. I just realized, ok my mechanic confirmed my suspicions. My bike has already had the lowering done to it. I am 6'3" +, I have installed the Ilium works foot pegs lowering kit, moved the seat adjustment bar down (to raise the seat), installed the Illium works lowered brake lever. Now just today I find out I am probably sitting 2" lower than stock on my "new 2 me 2002 K1200 LT". What I would give to have those 2" back. Any suggestions. I have another seat that came with the bike, that may be the "tall" seat. But even now I have a stupid 1 1/2" gap under the seat. So what will it look like then, hate to think about it. Suggestions please. If any of you smalls have a Pacific Blue you want to lower the seat on, we could swap the 2 fairings on each side, only thing I can think to do

Thanks,
Colby

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Jailguard811 said:
Ok, guys I have the opposite problem. I just realized, ok my mechanic confirmed my suspicions. My bike has already had the lowering done to it. I am 6'3" +, I have installed the Ilium works foot pegs lowering kit, moved the seat adjustment bar down (to raise the seat), installed the Illium works lowered brake lever. Now just today I find out I am probably sitting 2" lower than stock on my "new 2 me 2002 K1200 LT". What I would give to have those 2" back. Any suggestions. I have another seat that came with the bike, that may be the "tall" seat. But even now I have a stupid 1 1/2" gap under the seat. So what will it look like then, hate to think about it. Suggestions please. If any of you smalls have a Pacific Blue you want to lower the seat on, we could swap the 2 fairings on each side, only thing I can think to do

Thanks,
Colby
I have a friend in Fort Worth who I believe has two Pacific Blue upper fairings (L&R) that he would probably let you have the the price of having them packed and shipped. PM me if you are interested and I will give you his contact info.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Ok, can't seam to find any "how to's" on the old site. Help please!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts