BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the K1200 LT having just bought a 2001 LT Lux with 4800 kilometres on the clock (imported in 2005).

Can the on board computer be changed to miles from km readily or is it a dealer visit?

Thanks

Ken

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Worse than a visit to the dealer. You have to BUY the other version. No way to modify it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
jzeiler said:
Worse than a visit to the dealer. You have to BUY the other version. No way to modify it.
Maybe a metric calibrated GPS unit would be a partial answer. Also, you might consider a bicycle computer mounted somewhere in the cockpit. Could be used as a trip odometer/speedometer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello from across the pond. I have a similar situation only in reverse in that my '02 LT
is imported from the US, therefore the OBC registers in english and in Canada we now do
everything metric...km & litres. The owners manual indicates the display can be altered
for national preferences but doesn't indicate that it requires replacement. The Clymer
manual doesn't even mention the issue.
Have you found any other information since your last note or have you any idea of costs
for new???
We just may have to do a long distant swap to solve both headaches.
Cheer
Larry O'Brien

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
45cycle said:
Hello from across the pond. I have a similar situation only in reverse in that my '02 LT
is imported from the US, therefore the OBC registers in english and in Canada we now do
everything metric...km & litres. The owners manual indicates the display can be altered
for national preferences but doesn't indicate that it requires replacement. The Clymer
manual doesn't even mention the issue.
Have you found any other information since your last note or have you any idea of costs
for new???
We just may have to do a long distant swap to solve both headaches.
Cheer
Larry O'Brien
Now that would be sweet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts