BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know the specification for "Omni VISC 1002"? It's called out in the BMW service manual as a gasket sealer for the oil pan, among other things. I figure Permatex would work just as well, but since I can't find my tube I thought I'd check before buying another tube.

I did find a BMW part number for Omni VISC 1002, but I get no results from the online BMW stores. Maybe it's been discontinued or superseded?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Yep, they recommend some pretty obscure stuff in their manual, which I'm sure isn't even used by their own wrenches. I had a similar problem finding the recommended 'Three Bond 1209' liquid gasket for the cylinder head cover.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. MY dealer called BMW NA, who said the manufacturer doesn't sell this stuff in the US due to import restrictions on chemicals. The service manager said they just use Three-Bond or Yamabond. I went with Permatex black which was available locally.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The Yamabond product has been around since the late 70's. The product is most frequently used when mating centercares. Sounds like a match for the oil pan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts