BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pull the spark plug cable off to check and found a piece of paper jamed in the electro. had to be done when i took the bike in for the 12k maintenance after that the dealer said one of the injectors was bad that why the engine was mis-firing like hell I did't do the repair was too expensive week later I had the accident (not on the bike)

·
Registered
719 Posts
printman said:
just pull the spark plug cable off to check and found a piece of paper jamed in the electro. had to be done when i took the bike in for the 12k maintenance after that the dealer said one of the injectors was bad that why the engine was mis-firing like hell I did't do the repair was too expensive week later I had the accident (not on the bike)
wow,,,wheres this dealer ?? i would ride there with a nice running bike and show him your "fix"

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well in total it cost me $400 bucks then I took it in again and the hit was $800.00 buck and yes they are an BMW bike dealer in miami

·
Registered
86 Posts
You need to repost this under Dealer Experiences. If they have a Tech working in their dealership pulling this kind of scam then they need to be reported. They should be able to pull paperwork to see who worked on the bike. I would be fighting mad if this was done to my bike. Go get em.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
So, Does it run ok now ? And did it run ok before you took it in for the 12K service ?

That's the question...Glad you found the trouble...
(some comments were removed)
John

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never ran ok took it in because engine did not want to turn over they fixed it (they said it was the fuel pump) so 800 bucks later bike never ran right allways engine was very slughish they told me it was an injector but they did not know which one they say "if your going to do one might as well do all of them but that was going to run over a grand. told them no thanks, week later had an accident (not on the bike) that was 2007 bike when in my garage until now that am doing the repairs mysef,,,screw the dealer (see pic of tear down) allmost finish with repairs. re-do everything myself all injectors had them clean,new gas filter, change all fluid turn it on total and it humms like new. soooo palmetto BMW dealer screwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well, If it never ran ok, Then that has probably been under there for a long time.

The dealership would have been as dumfounded as you were if they had found it..
The diagnosis was apparently their "best guess" huh.....

These are the kind of things that only come to a mechanic thru experience..

Usually when a mechanic finally reaches that level, He quits the dealership because he no longer needs them .....I'll bet it's hard to keep your best guy at a dealership...

John

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well let me re phase it the bike ran perfect for the 12k maintenance after that had to take it in cause it didnt turn over and after that all the mis firing started to happen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts