BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who owns the oldest Beemer on the list?

I know it's not mine - I have a 1969 R60US boxer (in mint original condition, black, with 30K miles) - a /2 by any other name (old /2 engine, old frame, 6.5 gal. "sport" gas tank, bar end directionals, stainless exhaust, Denfeld solo riders seat & pillion pad, steel fenders, 6 volt magneto ignition, etc.), but my bike has the telescopic forks that came on the first /5 instead of the Earles leading link front forks. Owned it since 1973. Runs as good as it looks - starts on the first kick.

In true Teutonic tradition, the frame of my R60US is missing the sidecar lugs. You can just hear the Deutschland engineers saying, "If you vant a sidecar, you don't vant telescopic forks" (Earles forks are adjustable for a sidecar; telescopic forks are not).

So who's got the oldest Beemer?

- Bob

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have a 1958 BMW Isetta. Now I know you want to say; "Hey, that is a Bimmer" BUTT it has a motorcycle engine! (It comes in real handy with the gas prices.) ~;-)

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
black1200lt said:
I have a 1958 BMW Isetta. Now I know you want to say; "Hey, that is a Bimmer" BUTT it has a motorcycle engine! (It comes in real handy with the gas prices.) ~;-)
I found a picture of one, I see your dilema....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
black1200lt said:
Yeah, but it has 4 wheels. "Honorable mention", Coni. :D

- Bob

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Right you are, two wheels too many!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I have a 1959 R26 that was "born" in May 1958, according to the factory.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12566&stc=1
R26 small.gif

Sorry, I can't seem to attach the pic.

My Dad restored it for me for my first "roadbike" when I was fifteen. I feel pretty lucky to still have it. :bmw:

But surely, on a Beemer site, there is someone out there with something older than this. ;)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts