BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story was told to me by one of my retired partners who moved to one of those communities where old people go to play. Hope you get a chuckle out of it as I did.

I was in the gym last Sunday and met "Forest" a retired L.A. motor cop. Great guy, big grin and funny as hell telling old war stories about the Watts riots. Reminded me so much of Joesph Wambaugh books I read. He was hired in 1965 and started riding motors in 1969. He was a long time member of MMOC and boy does he have stories!

He told me that he was riding motors in N. Hollywood ( a big change from working Watts). When he went to briefing one day, he met his new motor sergeant; a young, tall, good looking officer who took a lot of pride in his appearance and demanded respect. Reminds me of the guys that "style" when they rode past mirrored buildings. I never thought of doing such things...Right, Bruce and Glenn?

Anyway, after giving a very professional briefing, he told the boys to line their bikes up for inspection. Outside, he went down the row inspecting the motors. He would test the brakes and tell the officers they needed to adjustment. He checked the chains on the bikes and told them that they needed lube and adjusting. He asked officers when was the last time they had the oil changed and chastised many for not doing timely maintenance.

When he got to this one particular officer who reminded me a lot of a SJPD motor officer who used to work for me, tall, blond headed, lanky, and from Oklahoma including a down south drawl. The sergeant tested the brake on the officer's motor and told him he needed to adjust the rear brake. The sergeant inspected the chain and told the officer that he needed to adjust the chain. The sergeant then asked the officer when was the last time he had the oil changed. The officer stated that he didn't know the last time the oil was changed. The sergeant infuriated at the lack of maintenance, demanded to know why the officer hadn't changed the oil. The officer responded, "I don't know. It's not my bike...It's YOURS!

The good old days. Boy, I sure do miss them!

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Yes, the PERFECT sup.....Do as I say.....:D

Well, back then, at least they MAY not have been malicious in their hypocrisy. Now, it's a whole new ball game!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts