BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I repainted the LT over the winter. I tried to do a search for "where do these go" but no luck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
I agree on the 2 black pieces.
The round part looks like a coin to me, usually found in cars under the seats...:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
On my '99 LT the bumpers that the windshield rest on in the down position are round and about 1/2 inch high. It was hard for me to tell much about the shape of this image you posted because it's pretty dark. So I scraped it off and lightened it up for you. Hope this helps you find out where they go.

Image lightened for clarity. tc

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking they went somewhere around the windshield area, but see the hole. I'll look again tonight.

Thanks for the photo enhancment

I'll put that quarter back under the seat where it belongs

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still haven't found where these bumpers go. I have almost a full set of extra tupperware and I don't see these on and of the spare parts. The only rubber bumpers I see for the windshield are the round ones at the corners.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
jwacree said:
I still haven't found where these bumpers go. I have almost a full set of extra tupperware and I don't see these on and of the spare parts. The only rubber bumpers I see for the windshield are the round ones at the corners.
I looked last week when you posted and those look exactly like the rubber bumpers on my 05. Located just above the dash at the left and right side, bottom of windshield just touches them. I'll take a photo and post tonight if that would help.
I looked everywhere and can't find the quarter. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Come on guys, its a 1966 quarter:histerica .

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
I looked last week when you posted and those look exactly like the rubber bumpers on my 05. Located just above the dash at the left and right side, bottom of windshield just touches them. I'll take a photo and post tonight if that would help.
I looked everywhere and can't find the quarter. :)
Here are a couple photo's of the bumpers still installed on my 2005. :)

I also finally found that quarter under the seat, mine is one model newer. :rotf:

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
johnbaker15 said:
Here are a couple photo's of the bumpers still installed on my 2005. :)

I also finally found that quarter under the seat, mine is one model newer. :rotf:

OK I see how they go now. What had me confused is, on the bottom of the rubber part there is a raised rib. I thought there should be a groove for that rib to fit into. Also my spare panel and the parts fisch show a round bumper.

Pic of the paint job comin soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts