BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming either thats oil overflow or brake overflow tube by the rear swing arm. I noticed 2 tubes and one of the tubes is leaking after I just did my 12k service.
Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
ihbond said:
I am assuming either thats oil overflow or brake overflow tube by the rear swing arm. I noticed 2 tubes and one of the tubes is leaking after I just did my 12k service.
Thanks for any suggestions
One is the fuel drain from the rubber "apron" around the filler cap, the other is the fuel rollover vent on top of the tank. there should be a third line from the charcoal cannister, but that one usually further back behind the right side case.

On earlier bikes with standard lead acid batteries there was also a battery vent line, but with the newer bikes having Gel Cell batteries that one is no longer used.

None of the vent tubes vent oil or brake fluid though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definitely not gas

Hi Dave and Thanks!
I am hoping that some residue trickled over the small breather(?) hose. Its not as big as the gas over flow tube . These two hoses are clamped right around the battery but the come from the rear end.
Weird.
ok
thanks
Ian

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
ihbond said:
Hi Dave and Thanks!
I am hoping that some residue trickled over the small breather(?) hose. Its not as big as the gas over flow tube . These two hoses are clamped right around the battery but the come from the rear end.
Weird.
ok
thanks
Ian
Canister Hoses

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
murray said:
Canister Hoses
There is only one cannister vent hose, and that one is usually further back, coming out near the rear of the right side case. there are two from the fuel tank area, one drains the spill apron around the gas cap, the other is the tank roll over vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts