BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much are you paying & where are you buying your BMW oil filters. I like supporting my local dealer, but that relationship should meet somewhere in the middle. $20 for a filter is pushing it.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The last filter I bought cost me $17 + tax. I too thought that was outrageous, so I called my favorite dealer. Same price. :eek: He told me there was an increase in cost a little while ago.

I got so mad that I bought a new GT! :D It's filter is only $16 and change out the door!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I paid $17.01 plus tax from my favorite dealer....

Like you, I want to support them, but those kind of prices are at the upper end of my pain tolerance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
$6 Bux!!!

Just picked up an after market filter at Heide's BMW repair shop in Johnsburg, NY during the Americade for $6 bux. Supposed to be better than the OEM.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you use aftermarket filters do you just reuse the O ring on the cover plate?

·
Registered
435 Posts
The "O" rings are re-usable a couple of times, then its time for a new one. They are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I get my filters from Chicago BMW for $13.00 and change.
Yes, I re-use the filter o-ring several times before changing it. You can also buy the oil filter only from Chicago BMW. Comes without the o-ring and crush washers. Buy your crushwashers in bulk as they also fit the trans. filler.

Bruce C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts