BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan Sorry I put on two times . Sorry

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Rabbit said:
I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan
Dan,
If you are referring to the "big box" in the right case it is a CD player. Not sure which year you have or if any "farkles" have been added but the connection may be for the input to an iPod or other audio device in the "oddments" box. BWM sells a specific filter wrench to remove the oil filter. Check HERE for an example
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oil filler plug:

Shouldn't need a wrench to loosen it. Should be 'hand tight'. Thing is made outta plastic after all. So, loosen it up - then hand tighten. It just needs to not fall out on it's own. That's why it has such a beefy "o" ring on it - slight compression - it absorbs the vibrations that might work it loose.

Just for asthetics, I like to put the handle of my filler cover to vertical. Works for me!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
try the plug when engine is warm

Rabbit said:
I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan Sorry I put on two times . Sorry

I bought my bike used and the plug seemed awfully tight too. I rode the thing home and tried it again after reading the book to make sure it was the oil fill plug. Engine was still warm and the plug came loose. Good luck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
vernvernvern said:
I bought my bike used and the plug seemed awfully tight too. I rode the thing home and tried it again after reading the book to make sure it was the oil fill plug. Engine was still warm and the plug came loose. Good luck.
Yeap, Mine was a little tight when the engine was cold also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rabbit said:
Ok I got oil filler plug out . On the box in the right side bag it has on it Blitz Safe advanced technologies made in the USA . Hope someone can tell what or how I can get help how to use . Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I googled Blitz Safe

Seems the Blitz Safe will make you hear an IPod like never before.

It's out of my league!

I just enjoy the CD player on every ride! If I had all those gizmos I wouldn't know which to use. LOL

Good luck. :bmw:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ipod plug

Rabbit said:
Time to plug in ipod and see what will happen . Hope it will work . Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rabbit said:
Time to plug in ipod and see what will happen . Hope it will work . Dan
It works great , great sounds . Thanks to all . Dan :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts