BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this oil filter wrench at a local Nubins store. Does any one know if it would fit the LT? Opening size & possible restriction in the opening to the filter?
As I have not done an oil change yet (Only got the 06 yesterday). I am going to though & certinally can't beat the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,917 Posts
Rob is correct. I have one of those and they are great, just not for the LT. The stamped metal or cast will work fine. They can be found at your local auto parts stores as well. The one I have for the LT has the number 76 over 14 stamped on the inside (is that a size?). It measures 2.92 inches (or 74 mm)across the flats.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guy's for your input & measurments. I will take a look at the local BMW & see what they want!:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just take your new filter down to kragen or napa and fit it to a filter wrench, about $5.00 bucks. Or while your at napa you can buy a napa gold filter 1348 for $5.00 bucks, or you can go to your local BMW dealer and spend 3 or 4 times more. Dave

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info on getting the filter @ a reasonabke price. As other 'Newbies' have sadi this is the place to get info.

Thanks Again ALL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts