BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
disregard...now I know they are shocks..

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
They are not only "just shocks". They are the finest shocks one can mount to a motorcycle. Wilburs are a close second...at least for the LT anyway.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Group Buy??

Just wondering if there would be enough interested riders out there to qualify for a group buy. Currently front/rear cost about $1250.

I had Ohlin's on my GT and it was a totally different animal compared to the stock shocks.

messenger13 said:
They are not only "just shocks". They are the finest shocks one can mount to a motorcycle. Wilburs are a close second...at least for the LT anyway.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I believe there has been successful group purchases in the past. Perhaps you should start a new thread throwing out the question. I would LOVE a set of Ohlins...or Wilburs. But the finances just ain't going to let this happen at the moment. That can change with one phone call though. :)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I would be interested in a group buy!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would be intrested in group buy also.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I've had Ohlins on my 05 since about 3 weeks after I got it. The ones from my 02 LT went on it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ohlins

DavidTaylor said:
I've had Ohlins on my 05 since about 3 weeks after I got it. The ones from my 02 LT went on it.
Did the exact same thing on my 05 before I picked it up. Had the Ohlins taken off my old 03. Put the original OEM shocks, with less than 3000 miles on them, back on the 03. While they were off the dealer even offered to run them over to an Ohlins approved site to be rebuilt: inspected, new seals, tested and recharged. Even provided me with the readout documentation for the before and after comparison. The Ohlins from my 03 were a perfect match for the 05. It would have been hard to go back to stock. I have the 05 OEM shocks packed up and will do the same thing, if possible, on my next LT. If it's not possible I will pull the Ohlins anyway and put the 05 OEM shocks, with 18 miles on them, back on. I could easily rebuild and sell them. It will help to lower the Ohlins cost on my next ride. It's just another way to justify the expense of Ohlins.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
SeaMarshal said:
Just wondering if there would be enough interested riders out there to qualify for a group buy. Currently front/rear cost about $1250.

I had Ohlin's on my GT and it was a totally different animal compared to the stock shocks.
I'd be interested in getting in on the group buy--contact me at [email protected] with Ohlins in the message and I'll be in touch/give a real person my cell.
Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Group Ohlins buy

I'd be interested in a group buy too...

B

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
simoncharles said:
Joe,
Why do you consider Wilbers to be a close second and not as good as, or better than, Ohlins?
Mainly because I'm an idiot. I have fallen prey to public perception, I suppose. I have seen and heard of Öhlins shocks for so long, and on so many race bikes, that I perceive Öhlins to be the "better" choice. A lot of people on this forum have installed the Wilburs and really like them. The Wilburs do give you more control than the Öhlins do, and for a leetle less money, IIRC.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
If there is enough interest in a group buy I can contact Andy at Onlineparts and see what kind of price that can be worked out.
Info: Andy did a group buy a few years ago, he is an ex-racer, motorcyclist and currently builds custom shocks - authorized Ohlins dealer and service center. Andy now carries multiple lines of springs, so he does not have to wait for Ohlins to spring your shocks for your weight and riding style.
Let me know........

Disclaimer: I have no interest in Onlineparts, just passing on information for personnel use.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Joe,
OK understand.
I think I will go for Wilbers this time (put Ohlins on my other bike) as the feedback from the company here in Europe has been excellent, answering my questions and doubts etc, instantaneously.
Group buyers: don't forget that ideally, each set of shocks should be set up for each individual bike, taking into account drivers and passengers weights and driving style etc, something that can't be done if buying several at the same time.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
simoncharles said:
Group buyers: don't forget that ideally, each set of shocks should be set up for each individual bike, taking into account drivers and passengers weights and driving style etc, something that can't be done if buying several at the same time.
Yes It can, we did this on our last group buy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts