BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I doing wrong here. I can not get the adjuster to set all the way down. It hits the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
You aren't doing anything wrong. I put a used reworked set of Ohlins on a friends LT and had the same issue. I think I remember taking out of the small hex bolts out and allowing the preload adjuster to swing back some and then tightened the one down. Then I made a new L bracket that would allow it to close with the required bends and hole placement. Not sure what others have done.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,909 Posts
I also loosened the two bolts on the L bracket and got it to fit. I got rid of the Ohlins due to the cost to rebuild. They are very light weight for racing and don't hold up as well as Wilbers. Had to replace too many internals at each rebuild (30K). Plus I got a good deal on an ESA shock for the rear so no more adjuster down there, But I do have a rather large cylinder attached to the side of the frame that does the adjusting for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thx for this "guidance"!
I'll be doing an Ohlins "upgrade" on my lt this winter & I was already wondering about the rear adjuster fit. &, you guys answered my questions, without asking!
Thx!
This forum is invaluable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts