BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still can't get out.
Today I wanted to ride and had too many stumbling blocks to get by.
I looked at the street maybe :rotf:
Cleaned the driveway no problem
Opened the garage door then I realized impossible :histerica
Wish I had Saddleman studded tires.
ride safe :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am SO glad I am not you!....

:D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Today's high was 66. Tonights low will be 34. That's Texas.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
It's even worse up here in northern Michigan

·
Registered
244 Posts
So far so good. The big storm that was on it's way through the midwest has missed Holland. Now if my street was ice free and a little warmer...... I could ride.

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
Well.... for ONCE I'm down South during winter where it's nice and warm. Usually I'm in Ohio, and I'm one of you guys with all the snow and ice to keep me from riding. I'm down here in New Orleans for a long-term project. Can I say it was 75 and sunny today... and yes - I went out for a ride after work.

I, uh, had the a/c on yesterday. Sorry.... :eek: All you northerners hang in there - it gets better!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bill, your last two picture are really pretty, but...better you than me. :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Bill, if you could ride any time you please, all year long like the folks in TX & FL then you probably would't appreciate it as much.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK just took a time out.
That is my second stint with a shovel. As you can see from the pictures the bike is right at the door the snow blower is somewhere in the back of everything else, hope not to see it until next winter.
TX and FL, you guys have some empathy :(
All the rest of us know what it is like.
I did do the same when it is 2 :sun: down there I show my empathy :dance:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hschisler said:
Well.... for ONCE I'm down South during winter where it's nice and warm. Usually I'm in Ohio, and I'm one of you guys with all the snow and ice to keep me from riding. I'm down here in New Orleans for a long-term project. Can I say it was 75 and sunny today... and yes - I went out for a ride after work.

I, uh, had the a/c on yesterday. Sorry.... :eek: All you northerners hang in there - it gets better!
You are not missing a dang thing.
Wish I had a job that would send me and my LT where it is warm and where I want to go. I might even stoop to a little bribery ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that can't wait... I woke up this morning to about 12" of snow... ugh. COME ON 48 DEGREE SATURDAY!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Awoke to 10" inches of snow here in the Chicago suburbs. Only thing I'll be riding this week is my snowmobile.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Scouter-50 said:
Today's high was 66. Tonights low will be 34. That's Texas.

Robert
When I moved to Texas almost 30 years ago, they told me if I do not like the weather, stick around for a few minutes and it will change. I remember one year we had now one day and 70's the next.

Nothing like SoCal where the weather forecasting is so easy that the TV folks are often referred to as "Weather Models" because they are (seemingly) chosen for appearance and cup size rather than accreditation and experience.. Does not take much to say "The weather for the next 360 days is cool and overcast in the morning, with the haze burning off around lunch time and temps getting into 70s or 80s by early afternoon." :histerica

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just came over all the way from Germany to have a nice ride across Florida and go the bad Season out of the way and what did I? I laid Her down. Some scratches on the Chrome trim a swollen foot but otherwise no problem.
But I can feel with you we have had also a good load of this white stuff this year. Couldn't ride since November.

Manfred

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
deputy5211 said:
When I moved to Texas almost 30 years ago, they told me if I do not like the weather, stick around for a few minutes and it will change. I remember one year we had now one day and 70's the next....
Well, of course Tony. You know that's how we get our four seasons in the Lone Star State! :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Nothing like SoCal where the weather forecasting is so easy that the TV folks are often referred to as "Weather Models" because they are (seemingly) chosen for appearance and cup size rather than accreditation and experience.. Does not take much to say "The weather for the next 360 days is cool and overcast in the morning, with the haze burning off around lunch time and temps getting into 70s or 80s by early afternoon." :histerica
Phoenix is the same way. Hot, sunny, 0 percent chance of rain.
78 here yesterday. Got home and the house was hot so on with the AC in the first week of march. Going to have a big cold spell this Friday :histerica High of 58 predicted. :rotf:

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's almost over! I can feel it! It should be 95 very soon, and roads will falling apart.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts