BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some widgets in my oddments box, closed it, and went on a short hop. Turned the '05 LT off, locked it down using the fob, and off I went. On return, unlocked everything, but the oddments box won't open. Can't even press the button to release it.

Tried with the keyway in the horizontal position, won't press in and unlatch.

Tried with the keyway in the vertical position, won't press in and unlatch.

Pressed down on the painted oddments box lid while trying to unlock, no joy.

Has worked previously.

Any helpful ideas?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Make sure the key is in the unlock possition. Lock with fob, hold light pressure with one finger over key hole, unlock with fob. You're in.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big_E said:
Make sure the key is in the unlock possition. Lock with fob, hold light pressure with one finger over key hole, unlock with fob. You're in.
I've been trying to get it open for almost a week. :eek:

Amazing! Worked the first time. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I tried all the tricks, short screws, lube, new look, still got to use the finger.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cfell said:
Tony.. probably need to check the screw lengths used on tupperware around the latch. must use short ones or it will distort the electric lock... or it could just be your lucky day.
I'll verify those, just to remove from the list of possible future troubles.

BTW, I received your packet today, thank you for the extra bit. Perfect timing! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oddments box

deputy5211 said:
Put some widgets in my oddments box, closed it, and went on a short hop. Turned the '05 LT off, locked it down using the fob, and off I went. On return, unlocked everything, but the oddments box won't open. Can't even press the button to release it.

Tried with the keyway in the horizontal position, won't press in and unlatch.

Tried with the keyway in the vertical position, won't press in and unlatch.

Pressed down on the painted oddments box lid while trying to unlock, no joy.

Has worked previously.

Any helpful ideas?
Here's my two cents worth that worked for me...

I backed off the two screws that hold the lock in place and then slooowly tightened them back up one turn at a time opening the lid every full turn of the screws. don't ask me why, but it worked!

Cheers, Bill

05 Ocean Blue
K1200 LT

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
This happened to me a while back; key nor anything ele would open it. The locking mechanism jot jammed somehow and I ended up going to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty. They had to pull a side panel and apply voltage somewhere on the wiring harness to the locking mechanism, and that activated it and freed it up so we could open it, and they replaced the power lock assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts