BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have an odd noise and feel from the front brakes on my 05, but mainly when the bike (brakes) are cold. If I am hard on the brakes at stops or just firm with them, no noise, or unusual feel to the brakes and the bike stops. If I try to slow gradually and an very easy on the brakes, the bike still stops fine, but it makes a clunk noise? and I can feel an odd feeling coming from the right rotor. Don't ask why I think its the right, I just do. And it is not constant, it is just a certain section of the rotor that does it, or so it seems. Once the bike has been on the road some and things are warmed up, then fast slow stops generally do not cause the noise.

I have checked the pads and they have plenty of life in them. It is not metal on metal and does not sound like that. I have felt and looked at both rotors and see nothing odd about them either.

Any ideas?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me. Mine clunck from time to time on light application. You have looked it over and not seen anything out of sorts so I would not worry unless it gets worse.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just make sure the Caliper too Fork leg bolts are tight ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts