BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally - coming up for air after getting Toad back from Rhinewest's OR. Been several months since I've thrown a leg over, so I signed up for the basic MSF course to see what I've forgotten!!! (OK, not).

Anyway, back around the 19th of Sept, on the old .net website, there wuz lotsa talk of an October RTE. Comes down to Sunday, the 16th and is gonna take place at Orsak's Cafe on the Town Square in Fayetteville, TX. Great burgers and sides, and recommended by David (dbfly), who is in residence in the 'hood there. Originally, Don Mitchell over in Bellville had recommended the TX Star Cafe in New Ulm, butt they aren't open on Sundays. So, for this one, we'll see how good the Jalapeno burgers are at Orsak's.

GPS co-ords, according to Google: 29-54.27N 96-40.59W. Scroll down the page at this website to see a front view of the cafe:
http://www.fayetteville-tx.com/ . Their phone number is (979) 378-2719. My cell is two-one-zero 4 one 6 zero 3 zero 6 in case you can't find the town square (in a town with less population than 300!!).

Figger on some tire kicking while working up an appetite - order starting around 11:30 to beat the church crowd! Then some more tire kicking. And then for those that are into classic/vintage cars, like me, there is Sterling McCalls Auto Museum not too far away. I'll post some info and the website on that tamale.

And by the by - since the Houston BMW Rally gig in F'burg should be winding down on Sunday, maybe some of those folks heading back home to the Houston area can make a stop for some handshakin' and munchies in Fayetteville. Hope so.

I'll give Orsak's a call late Thursday, or early Friday and tell 'em what to expect in the way of numbers, so if you'd care to join us, please just post a reply in this thread and I'll keep it a sticky until then. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I believe this would be a good ride for me and Patricia to get in on.:cool:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Stephen - the Coleman bros are coming down heah that week-end also. Bruce is coming in on Satiday and staying in Marble Falls I think. Then his bro Rick is coming down on Sunday. I know Bruce will be doing the RTE - not sure if Rick is gonna get off work Sunday in time to make the RTE, tho.

Be great to see you and Patricia again - been a long time.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I think we will be coming down Saturday evening and staying in the Brenham area. One of the chillens stays around there. It would be a good time for a short visit.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Much as I've missed the RTE's, Sun the 16th is a mc maintenance day for me. To much fool'n round, not enuf time to due PM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dick,
Linda and I will swing by on our way home from the Houston Rally.
Don Mitchell
Bellville, Tx

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Sunday RTE

I'll be there, but my bro and some of his friends won't be. They don't end their shift until 7:00 am and by the time they get home and packed and on the road it will be almost noon. You know how those fire dudes are....so laid back that they take their time doing everything unless they hear "code" ringing in their ears.....then all he** breaks out.....

Guess I should call it in and see how fast they can make it down to the Hill Country.

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
Got a weddin to go to on the 15th.
The 16th just might work out for nice a down n' bac

·
Registered
278 Posts
lickskillet

Fayetteville is having there Lickskillet days this weekend, should be lots of things to see, food etc. See ya at Orsaks!

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
I'd like to go, but I'll be in Fredericksburg at the BMW Rally. Bummer, man! You guys sure you don't want to do a RTE to the Rally?

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Oh damn! I just realized this is on Sunday. Maybe I can get Jim "Boer Goat" Sutton to detour over to Osarks for lunch.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eljeffe said:
Oh damn! I just realized this is on Sunday. Maybe I can get Jim "Boer Goat" Sutton to detour over to Osarks for lunch.
I'm guessing around ~4 hours from F'burg, depending on the route. I believe Coleman and I are breakfasting in Blanco, then 165 to 290 to 71 and run thru Bastrop/Smithville/La Grange and hang a left at 955 into Fayetteville.

Hey, we can make lunch call a leetle later; after the church crowd clears out - we'll wait on y'all. The auto museum is a do/don't-do option.

You plannin' on being home Sunday night/evening 'fore dark thirty?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Rte

It's just a small detour, you can always hook-up with Ed Early for the ride back.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
grifscoots said:
Dayem, dayem. dayem. Sandy has a trip for us to the Coast planned. I'm closely watching the wx, if it turns to the dogs I'll be able to go. Sigh.

Mayhaps she wants me to go this time cause she's tired of messing up la trucka?

Maybe she needs you to load la trucka....yeah think?????

·
Registered
278 Posts
house

Dick when you turn right on 159 off of 955 in Fayetteville, our house is the third one on the right, next door to the Luthern church.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dbfly said:
Dick when you turn right on 159 off of 955 in Fayetteville, our house is the third one on the right, next door to the Luthern church.
Hey, OK David - been wonderin' where we were goin' for dessert!!! Couldn't find the Baskin-Robbins in Fayetteville!! ;)

BTW - if you were in the Hill Country (Blnaco area) and heading home, to make tracks and save time, would you run IH-10 to Schulenburg, then 77 up to La Grange and then 71 to 955 - or - IH-10 to Columbus, then 71 back to 955? OR, would you take 290 into Austin and 71 down to 955?

I'm not familiar with much of the area where you are, as regards road conditions and small town slow-downs. I just know I'll get there, butt might not be the bestest route. Thanks, David.

·
Registered
278 Posts
time

The fastest way would be 71 through Austin, straight down to 955, a few lights east of Austin, but getting better. We rode from Kingsland to Fayettevill sunday in just over 2.5 hours.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts