BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debby and I will be heading to Wakiki Sunday. I'll have at least three days for riding around the island if I want. elJeffe, I know you mentioned a place last weekend that rents rigs but I'm blanking on the details. If you or anyone else wants to pop in with info or opinions bring it on.

At least part of the riding will be on a HD as I'm a virgin to that sort of device. What would y'all recommend for some island touring for two. I've never been on any of the islands so I'm green there also. I have flown in a plane however I'm wondering if those jet things are safe.:D

Any idea if they rent helmets at any of the places? Varoom, you have any connections with the Marriott folks? I may just have the Concierge take care of all this if s/he is a personal friend of yours.;)

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
The place I was talking about was on the Big Island in Kona. DJ's Rentals.

I Honolulu, there are plenty of places to rent. Coconut Cruisers, and I forget the name of the other place. Even the local Budget Rent-a-car had HDs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I lived on Oahu for nearly 4 years. I would suggest saving any MC renting for the big Island. You can really stretch your legs there. Avoid Saddle Road. I think it's SR200 that cuts across and over from the Hilo side to the Kona side between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Long story behind that road but it was and still is a military road, purpose built to be very nasty! Plus, it used to be the rental companies would void any insurance claims if something happened while traveling that road.
Oahu is just too congested. A convertible car would be much better!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts