BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy traded a 03 LT for an 09. He claims his O3 had only 5 gears. Either he doesn't know his motorcycle or was there a recall I maybe missing?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
The brochure calls it a 6 speed transmission but one of them is reverse:).

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The brochure calls it a 6 speed transmission but one of them is reverse:).
Even that is inaccurate. It doesn't use engine/transmittion 'gearing' to run the transmittion back asswards it uses the starter motor.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Even that is inaccurate. It doesn't use engine/transmittion 'gearing' to run the transmittion back asswards it uses the starter motor.
The starter motor drives gears in the transmission. The starter doesn't have its own connection to the rear wheel. :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i posted this I realized, which you all confirmed. Thanks. My bubbly got sweet sweet deal on an 09 w 10k on....... I am happy for him.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which model year did they give more horse power?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
When i posted this I realized, which you all confirmed. Thanks. My bubbly got sweet sweet deal on an 09 w 10k on....... I am happy for him.
I hope you meant "My buddy"... :histerica but then I don't know what Florida is like.... :wave

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope you meant "My buddy"... :histerica but then I don't know what Florida is like.... :wave
Awesome! I can't write or spell and sure I typed that from the phone, blaming fat fingers......

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice......u guys are better than google!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts