BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I recently got the bike out for a few rides this season.
On the last three rides ( short ones around 120 miles each) I noticed that the mpg dropped from the 42-46 average to around 32-35.
I will fill the tank on the weekend and take a ride to see if it is better, but don't think so!!

Just wondering if the numbers I have seen for the Bosch or Napa number ( BSH15109) is for the 2005 also.

Thanks in advance,
Bowdon (Don)

2005 LT with 28,000 miles.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rab1967;

I found one at Autozone in Massena, New York ( bosch 0 258 003 475) for (94.00 US) and one at Napa ( bsh 15109) for 83.00 US.

Are they not both the same model at different prices!!

I might pick one up on the weekend.

Regards,
Bowdon.

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bowdon said:
Thanks for the link.

Was this a "plug and play" unit? no splicing?
Bowdon
Yup! But my mechanic spliced it anyway because it was easier than to try and un and the reroute the wire. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bighopper said:
I tried buying from Amazon.com & it seems they don't like to ship to Canada. But found this link & the top one for $48 eventually link to Amazon.com & looks like it will ship to Canada ?:confused: If it's the right one>

http://www.smarter.com/exhaust-systems/bosch-15109-oxygen-sensor-oe-type/pd--ch-43--pi-4552688.html
Bighopper;

Did you order your O2 sensor? I tried two of the links, and it seems they are out of stock.

Amazon does not ship to P.O. Boxes or Canada.

Let me know where you got yours if you ordered one.
Regards,
Bowdon

·
Registered
701 Posts
bowdon said:
Bighopper;

Did you order your O2 sensor? I tried two of the links, and it seems they are out of stock.

Amazon does not ship to P.O. Boxes or Canada.

Let me know where you got yours if you ordered one.
Regards,
Bowdon
Bowdon,

I didn't order, I just tried through Amazon & like you I found no go for the .COM vs .CA (which don't have them). The link I gave I just went as far as necessary to see if they would ship to Canada. Did you try NAPA, they seem to have BOSCH stuff. Might have to cut & splice wires!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ordered one the other day and it is on the way.
total came to 70 something dollars, exchange and shipping.
It said one in stock, maybe I got the last one?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MountianMama said:
I ordered one the other day and it is on the way.
total came to 70 something dollars, exchange and shipping.
It said one in stock, maybe I got the last one?
MountainMama;

Let me know what the length of the cable is. I found one but the cable is 38" long!! I lot of wire to tie up around the frame.

Might try to see if there is a smaller one at Autozone in New York, even though it cost more ( around 80.00 dollars).

Regards,
Bowdon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts