BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I talked my neighbor into getting a LT now we both have the same issue that as the speed increases the sound increase but start to break up - doesn't matter if it the Radio or cd player
I figures there has to be a snsor or something to pick up the wind speed that increase and decreases the volume

thanks

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I don't think it senses the wind noise but the speed of the bike. It is a setting in the radio you can change as to how much it increases the volume, but it has been so long since I fooled with it, I don't remember how it is changed.

Reactions: Tricky_dickey

·
Registered
691 Posts
I don't think it senses the wind noise but the speed of the bike. It is a setting in the radio you can change as to how much it increases the volume, but it has been so long since I fooled with it, I don't remember how it is changed.
This is correct.

On the radio's menu, there is an adjustment for speed sensitivity. I don't remember the exact steps, but it involves using the controller on the left handgrip.

As for the breakup, you might have the bass turned up higher than the speakers can handle. Again, a menu item on the radio. Press the 'music note' button and scroll through its menu....bass, treble, balance, fader....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I played with it some on my last ride - ended turning it off and raised volume manually
will check it out more when i have a lot of room on a empty road
-

·
Premium Member
7,525 Posts
I talked my neighbor into getting a LT now we both have the same issue that as the speed increases the sound increase but start to break up - doesn't matter if it the Radio or cd player
I figures there has to be a snsor or something to pick up the wind speed that increase and decreases the volume

thanks
My LT does thus also. I have the BMW (made by J&M) wired headsets. It does it worse on certain songs where the song is louder in places. And it seems affected more by really high notes. I think the system doesn't have signal processing to subtract from the mic input what is being sent to the speakers and thus the loud music activates the VOX circuit as though you were talking. On mine, a slight volume reduction will correct this problem. Annoying to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts