BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m the owner of a 1999 K1200LT for the last 10 month. It is the first bike I bought and also the first BIG bike I ride. I remember how shit scared I were the first time to get on the bike. Needles to say I dropped it in the first week, and only once after that. Both times at zero km’s per hour.

I want to know how many South African riders are out there because in the area I live, it seems to me I am the only one with a LT? I must say I am the envy of all the other motorbike riders around.

·
Registered
475 Posts
peschel said:
I’m the owner of a 1999 K1200LT for the last 10 month. It is the first bike I bought and also the first BIG bike I ride. I remember how shit scared I were the first time to get on the bike. Needles to say I dropped it in the first week, and only once after that. Both times at zero km’s per hour.

I want to know how many South African riders are out there because in the area I live, it seems to me I am the only one with a LT? I must say I am the envy of all the other motorbike riders around.
Welcome to the forum! I'm not from S. Africa but I have to tell you that your country is soooooo beautiful! It must very inspiring with all the beautiful places to ride your LT.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Lots of GS's as well!

Really enjoyed my visit a year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome to the forum--if you will do some digging in the Photography section, several years ago we had a forum member from South Africa that use to hang around quite a bit...he seemed like an interesting fellow...loved submitting his photos.

Also, you might want to read from the Halls of Wisdom under the technical banner at the top--a wealth of wisdom about your new to you LT. Happy Riding...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
peschel said:

Including yourself, there are approximately 95 forum members who live in South Africa. Not all of them are currently active here on the forums. And not all are LT riders - some ride other BMW models. In addition to yourself, there is one other member listed in George - however, his last forum activity was in 2008.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dick and others for your reply. I follow this forum for quite a while now and learned such a lot from you gurus.

I will do as indicated by yourselfs.

If anyone of the LT owners come to my country, please contact me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from Bloemfontein and apart from mine, there are at least 3 other LT's in our group of friends who usually ride together.

Earlier this year during the Buffalo Rally in Mossel Bay, close to the OP's home town.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

I call Strand home (About 40Km East of Cape Town) and ride a 2003 LT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts