BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the nose off the bike to install a HID kit is there any other modifications or accessories I should add before I put everything back together again?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You might think about a Stebel Compact Air Horn. clicky clicky

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Since in his other post about installing the HID in the 2006 LT, the speedo mod is not required.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
rcoolbaugh said:
Speedometer mod.
Speedo mod not recommended. I did mine, and odometer started running backawards... :mad:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
It's a little late now, but you really didn't need to take the nose off.... all ya gotta do is reach up in there - and it might be a bit awkward - but can be done! I seem to remember it took me about an hour the first time, and that included drilling the housing.

There was a really good step by step write up several years ago by Messenger13 - along with pictures - on how to do this. ;)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
RonKMiller said:
It's a little late now, but you really didn't need to take the nose off.... all ya gotta do is reach up in there - and it might be a bit awkward - but can be done! I seem to remember it took me about an hour the first time, and that included drilling the housing.

There was a really good step by step write up several years ago by Messenger13 - along with pictures - on how to do this. ;)
+1 I did several installs that way. Awkward positions at times but it sure beats taking the nose off.
However since you are there... it would be a good time to install auxiliary lights, cabling for GPS/radar detector/MP3/sat radio, etc... Even a Blue Sea fuse box.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Ya might consider changing out the dash lights. I tried blue, but too dim. Tried red, and me likey A LOT. Seriously, the red dash lights are very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts