BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adore my new LT, of course, but still loving my wife, too. She's gone through a lot with a health issue (BC/Stage IV) but Deb now seems stabilized and ready to join me on some touring adventures. That said, she will hop on the LT mostly to humor me, but her first love in "rides" is the Morgan horse, and I'm thinking of surprising her with a young, affectionate filly of that breed. (Her "little Farley" died suddenly.) And although I've got the room and the stable for the animal, I know far less about horses than motorcycles--have intentionally kept it that way, you see, because I didn't want to clean up after them.

Now, in carefully reading this board for several weeks, I have been truly impressed at the diversity of skills and backgrounds demonstrated herein. Surely someone here breeds Morgans or knows a trusted friend who does. If this assumption proves correct, please let me know. We are situated in New England (and me a Mississippi boy, at that), but I'll travel wherever for the right steed. But it has to be a Morgan, for whatever reason.

P.S. I have already learned lots from this board, but the most important bit of knowledge acquired is the awareness you guys are terrific!

-Clark

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It's been awhile since we had horses up in Colrain, MA in our second home. There certainly were a lot of Morgans around. They are a prized New England breed.

My wife however was partial to Quarter horses. Me, I liked Appaloosas! :D

I did a little Googling and turned up a number of prospects in your general area, here's a nice sounding filly to start your list off with...

http://horsetopia.horse-for-sale.org/classifieds/ad226885

Denlore Farms in Vermont is a very well respected breeder, check out their site:

http://www.denlore.com/

Good luck and wishing you and your wife the best!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Giddyup! Morgans are fine, friendly beasts... tho much bigger than my dog. If I were in position to provide that gift to my lovely bride, we would probably have at least 2 of them.

Good luck...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I hear the backstrap is pretty good if properly marinated and grilled over mesquite.....better than manatee !!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
c00k1e said:
And there was me thinking you were talking about Morgan cars - from down the road from me in [url="http://www.mw

Was thinking the same thing. But that photo can't be a real Morgan. Where is the big leather strap across the bonnet? I know I know progress, would love to find one of the old ones that I could afford.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morgan horses v. Morgan cars

Well, it is true one learns something every day. Never heard of a Morgan car before now, but I conclude from the picture that the vehicle is far prettier than the steed. Looks out of my price range, though...Especially, her!

Thanks for all the replies and the helpful backround info. Using your helpful leads, I can now get started seeking out Morgan horseflesh.

-Wish me luck, Clark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts