BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My buddy has a Vision too. Those are some sweet looking bikes but nothing rides like the LT. I just took my, most likely, last ride of the year too. All alone and loving it!

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
You'll have to head south because our riding season is getting into full swing. Nice and cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Should be perfect weather next weekend for a local RTE gathering a little further south.

ALL are invited....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DanDiver said:
You'll have to head south because our riding season is getting into full swing. Nice and cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Should be perfect weather next weekend for a local RTE gathering a little further south.

ALL are invited....
Guess that's one good thing about being in warm, flat FL. ! hehe Probably won't head that direction until bike week. I'll just have to keep my Gerbings handy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Logged 280 miles in the north GA mountains this past Friday! What a blast. Picked up a 2009 LT back in August and I had about 2K miles on it before Friday's adventure. A friend of mine on a Ducati 1100 was leading the way and if i had known what I was in for I may have had second thoughts about making the trip. Chatsworth to Dahlonaga was a great tune up, but that lap around Blood Mountain and Woody Gap made me grow up fast. By the end of the day my confidence with this beast had soared. It was also my first trial with the Gerbings jacket liner which definitely came in handy. Loving this bike more every time I get on her! I've also spent countless hours reading this forum and learning much from all the great members. It's been an invaluable resource for someone coming late to the "LT" party!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
djthompson43 said:
Logged 280 miles in the north GA mountains this past Friday! What a blast. Picked up a 2009 LT back in August and I had about 2K miles on it before Friday's adventure. A friend of mine on a Ducati 1100 was leading the way and if i had known what I was in for I may have had second thoughts about making the trip. Chatsworth to Dahlonaga was a great tune up, but that lap around Blood Mountain and Woody Gap made me grow up fast. By the end of the day my confidence with this beast had soared. It was also my first trial with the Gerbings jacket liner which definitely came in handy. Loving this bike more every time I get on her! I've also spent countless hours reading this forum and learning much from all the great members. It's been an invaluable resource for someone coming late to the "LT" party!
Did somebody say Blood Mountain?

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chris, I see you're a veteran of the N. GA Mountains, and Blood Mountain! Enjoyed your blog. Was inspired by your trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway! Wish I had the time....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
djthompson43 said:
Chris, I see you're a veteran of the N. GA Mountains, and Blood Mountain! Enjoyed your blog. Was inspired by your trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway! Wish I had the time....
Thanks for the comment! We lucky that in this part of Georgia, we don't live far from some of the best riding roads in the country. The picture was taken on Blood Mountain 10/30/11 while returning from a trip to the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge.

Again, thanks for the comment. It keeps me out of the bars! :rotf:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in S. Oregon and at times questionable as to the mtn. passes. I will continue to ride through the winter when the passes are clear. The LT loves the cold and the area is spectacular. I am sad to hear you taking your last ride for the season, perhaps I should listen!

I often ride from Medford to Portland and have yet to be totally weathered out.

Ride safe, and what a great bike.

W Pecchi :wave
klt1200 canyon red 59k

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PECCHI said:
I live in S. Oregon and at times questionable as to the mtn. passes. I will continue to ride through the winter when the passes are clear. The LT loves the cold and the area is spectacular. I am sad to hear you taking your last ride for the season, perhaps I should listen!

I often ride from Medford to Portland and have yet to be totally weathered out.

Ride safe, and what a great bike.

W Pecchi :wave
klt1200 canyon red 59k
When I say "last ride" I only mean a "fun getaway" in the mountains to burn up the roads. When we get our first "ice" or "snow", they put sand on the curves. Takes all the fun out of it. I'll continue to ride all winter around me though.
R

·
Registered
593 Posts
Come on down to AZ! Always sunny and lots of different types of riding. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
RocketRon said:
When I say "last ride" I only mean a "fun getaway" in the mountains to burn up the roads. When we get our first "ice" or "snow", they put sand on the curves. Takes all the fun out of it. I'll continue to ride all winter around me though.
R
I know what you mean. We rode the Richard B. Russell Parkway in March one time. Pretty scary when your front tire starts to slip from all the stuff they put on the road up there in the winter. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts