BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I figured I'd post to say: Nothing to see here.

The LT's been running a treat, the heat of the summer is migrating to Fall, which is good. I have a four day all-over-colorado ride next weekend.

runaway by Matey-O, on Flickr

(I'll be spending time tooling around at point's B and D....800 miles in four days would be kinda lame. ;) )

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Looks like a nice trip, No reason to hurry...

We did a part of that in a motor home several years ago and I'm looking forward to going back on the bike.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
DanDiver said:
Looks like a nice trip, No reason to hurry...

We did a part of that in a motor home several years ago and I'm looking forward to going back on the bike.
By coincidence I discovered the route goes over McClure's pass. I've heard it's most excellent. :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I envy you being out there where it's getting cool. Also on the route your taking as it look great. Be safe and have a great ride.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tconnell said:
I envy you being out there where it's getting cool. Also on the route your taking as it look great. Be safe and have a great ride.
The secret is to go to google maps, tell it to go from point A to point B, then drag the line so that it doesn't hit the shortest route. :dance:

·
Registered
78 Posts
This weekend, I'm riding with a couple of HD owners up into Wy across to Laramie, and overnight in Saratoga,WY, then back down into Co via Baggs, Wy, Craig, Co and overnight in Steamboat Springs, CO ( best mountain town and powder skiing IMHO), then through Rocky Mountain Natl Park and back home to north Denver.

It'll be a kick. The machine's running lean and mean.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1024 miles in 3.5 days! The only thing to report is: we completely threw out the plan after day 1, had a kickass time, and the bike ran like a champ.

Colorado seems too small for four days. :D

We saw EVERY ecology from arid desert to alpine, to prairie. I'll post photos whim done culling the chaff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts