BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent thread on LT reliability brought to mind my day yesterday. I was done installing some new stuff (iPhone charger and isolation circuit, RADAR detector on a custom bracket), so I found myself...lost. Most of the day was gone and I couldn't think of a ride I wanted to do in 40 degree weather, so I walked around the bike repeatedly. What to do. I grabbed the polishing rags and Zaino ultra finish and wiped it down once more. Sprayed the black stuff with Meguiar's exterior trim detailer. Got down on the ground and cleaned the brake goo off the wheels with heavy duty cleaner, then put the Zaino finish on them.

So now what. Walk around some more. Stare. Admire. Polish one tiny spot I missed.

Now what.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i fully agree it about -5 C here snow in driveway. finished my maintence & goodie install.
even cleaned the shop need weather to change.so i can take her out for a test ride.

is it spring yet

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
calvarez said:
The recent thread on LT reliability brought to mind my day yesterday. I was done installing some new stuff (iPhone charger and isolation circuit, RADAR detector on a custom bracket), so I found myself...lost. Most of the day was gone and I couldn't think of a ride I wanted to do in 40 degree weather, so I walked around the bike repeatedly. What to do. I grabbed the polishing rags and Zaino ultra finish and wiped it down once more. Sprayed the black stuff with Meguiar's exterior trim detailer. Got down on the ground and cleaned the brake goo off the wheels with heavy duty cleaner, then put the Zaino finish on them.

So now what. Walk around some more. Stare. Admire. Polish one tiny spot I missed.

Now what.
40 aint cold ... gear up and go for a ride.
I was out this morning for a few miles @ 35 degrees . :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
40 degrees isn't that cold. Turn on the heated seats and grips and find out how much fun you can have on the LT.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
18 degrees this morning riding to Church and back, about 30 miles. YeeHaa.

Mine could use some polishing, but then I'd have cold fingers......it'll wait. LOL

Vern

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
katnapinn said:
40 aint cold ... gear up and go for a ride.
I was out this morning for a few miles @ 35 degrees . :D
+1! Do what Steve said: Ride it! 40' ain't cold, just cool. We rode yesterday in the lower 30's and had a great ride. That is what heated gear or layering is all about. Plus ya got the heated grips and seat!

John

·
Registered
431 Posts
Did about 200 miles today with temps 32F - 35F. Feel great now. We've got a bank holiday tomorrow so maybe same again. Been out 3 times in the last week and very happy to do so after being snowbound from the 26th November.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should clarify that 40 won't stop me, however all the rides that I'd really like to do involve climbing altitude where it has just snowed. The local rides aren't as interesting, at least they weren't for the current mood.

I ended up flying RC planes with the boy and then just riding to some errands in town. Playing with the new detector and getting the new HID headlight adjusted right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts