BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with BMW NA, they are not going to do anything more for me. First final drive failure at 51K, second at 71K, final drive seal at 79K, third final drive at 85K, fourth final drive at 93K. I have paid for three of them, with the latest costing $2600.00 due to the housing being damaged and none available from BMW. Only option was buying brand new final drive. Complained to BMW San Jose Dealer who contacted regional guy. Their solution was to refund me a third of their cost of the final drive only, a whopping $462.19. This is on a 2007 R1200GSA.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Bob, you have the dubious "honor" of being the guy I know with the most FD issues on one bike... :cool:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Bob, just curious. Do you ride off road a lot? Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
See you at Chattanooga CCR....if I make it without another final drive failure.
Bob... Maybe "Karma Payback"?? You spend a lot of time pulling wings off of flies and kicking puppies or something?? :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got off the phone with BMW NA, they are not going to do anything more for me. First final drive failure at 51K, second at 71K, final drive seal at 79K, third final drive at 85K, fourth final drive at 93K. I have paid for three of them, with the latest costing $2600.00 due to the housing being damaged and none available from BMW. Only option was buying brand new final drive. Complained to BMW San Jose Dealer who contacted regional guy. Their solution was to refund me a third of their cost of the final drive only, a whopping $462.19. This is on a 2007 R1200GSA.
Bob, You're scaring me! my first FD failure was this week @ 55,000. Don't know how I'm going to sleep at night.
Still not gonna buy a Harley!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2002 R1200C lost 3 final drives before it hit 30,000 miles. The first one was at 18,000 and took 6 weeks to get fixed at A&S. They were surprised if failed so early. They knew they had a final drive problem but said, "This don't usually happen until after the warranty runs out." I was lucky that all 3 of mine were while it was still under warranty. That was the main reason I sold it, because the warranty ran out.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, this is my last one. If I could afford it, I would be buying a different bike at this point, but I spent all my money on final drives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts