BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be buying a new bike anytime soon and I'm actually thrilled about it. :)

My son was accepted to MIT last night and I am absolutely thrilled for him. I'm going to miss having him around the house next year but I can't think of a better place for him to go to school. He'll definitely be swimming in the DEEP end of the pool now.

Kevin

·
Registered
832 Posts
kevincook said:
I won't be buying a new bike anytime soon and I'm actually thrilled about it. :)

My son was accepted to MIT last night and I am absolutely thrilled for him. I'm going to miss having him around the house next year but I can't think of a better place for him to go to school. He'll definitely be swimming in the DEEP end of the pool now.

Kevin
Congratulations on your son's achievements!
Ours graduated from U of Illinois this year in Nuclear Engineering and is back there continuing on to a Masters thru a fellowship. They do make you proud.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
kevincook said:

Kevin
Excellent news for your son and your family. He'll need the family's encouragement and support in the next few years.

New bikes get old very fast these days..........

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Congratulations are in order for you and your son.............that is always some of the best news. Good luck to him @ MIT, and don't worry..........That LT will last a long time yet.............. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Those college years do keep you on older bikes, as is the case for me. Daughter just graduated from U of Illinois (congrats Keith!) law school and is now a practicing patent attorney. Time for a new bike for Dad?!?!? Not on your life! I love both of them. Really proud of the kids too, as I'm sure you are and you should feel very good about it.

Have fun,
Jer

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Good deal for your son ... Now the years of bills and books.

Can relate tho, have some $$ still owed for our sons college education and after 2 years of temporary employment working under Intel's blue badge program has finally made it into the big league ......... Takes his FULL TIME Engineering position the 20th of this month :dance:72K per year and full corporate benefits at 23 years old ... We are elated !!
Now to get him settled down enough to look back at his parents and buy his dear old dad a new bike .... likely not, but can always dream.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
kevincook said:

Kevin
Congrats, Kev. The more and better education he has, the more he's prepared for this depression, and the "new economy" depressions to follow.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great news Kevin! Congrats! Hmmmmmmm MIT huh? You suuuure you're his dad?? :histerica

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey congrats on a wonderful achievement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts