BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cat Herder
Joined
·
5,852 Posts
grifscoots said:
Well, now that we have the no call lists for telemarketers, the bastards have come up with a new idea. We've been inundated by folks calling as "research" groups. Every night now.
Did you know that these guys have a black list too? Getting onto that is a bit thougher though. What I usually do when I see in what direction that call is going is to get into the chat with them for about 2 minutes, start their 'research' and then I get 'called away' and I tell them: "Hang on a minute, be right back" and set the phone aside. .... And leave it there, .... If they are still on after 5 minutes, I give them a short "I am so sorry, I'll be right back" and put it aside again.

Usually after only a few calls they get the hint and the calls slowly subside. In the meantime I miss it somehow having fun on their dime. I wish more folks would do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Andy: Very clever... I'm not as cordial. I'm kinda rude, obnoxious and curt! (without saying a word) I simply hang up the phone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,062 Posts
What to get on their black list?

andy said:
Did you know that these guys have a black list too? Getting onto that is a bit thougher though. What I usually do when I see in what direction that call is going is to get into the chat with them for about 2 minutes, start their 'research' and then I get 'called away' and I tell them: "Hang on a minute, be right back" and set the phone aside. .... And leave it there, .... If they are still on after 5 minutes, I give them a short "I am so sorry, I'll be right back" and put it aside again.

Usually after only a few calls they get the hint and the calls slowly subside. In the meantime I miss it somehow having fun on their dime. I wish more folks would do that.
If I have a little time, I ask for a "quote" on everything they are selling, when it get up about a few thousand I tell them, thank you for quoting me, I don't have credit cards every since I filed for bankruptcy and I looking for someone to extend me credit...usually I don't even get a chance to say goodbye, and they don't call back...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Being a phone guy, I have a commercial phone & voicemail system at my house. I simply ask them to hold, then transfer them into "THE MAILBOX FROM HELL"! :D It contains a greeting that's about 5 minutes long explaining just how much I am disinterested in their products and/or services and to take me off their call list. Very effective!
And, I waste no time.
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,533 Posts
Yeah, I keep thinking about printing up something similar for those postage-paid envelopes that come with all the junk mail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
meese said:
Yeah, I keep thinking about printing up something similar for those postage-paid envelopes that come with all the junk mail.
Simple. You just cram all the trash that will fit into the post paid envelope and send it to them, let them take out the trash.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
gunny said:
Simple. You just cram all the trash that will fit into the post paid envelope and send it to them, let them take out the trash.
and they get to pay for it. Sweet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
messenger13 said:
Being a phone guy, I have a commercial phone & voicemail system at my house. I simply ask them to hold, then transfer them into "THE MAILBOX FROM HELL"! :D It contains a greeting that's about 5 minutes long explaining just how much I am disinterested in their products and/or services and to take me off their call list. Very effective!
And, I waste no time.
Joe, you probably have a PBX w/Audix on your bike. :D "Press 1 to speak to Joe; press 2 to speak with our next available representative about installing farkles; press 3 to speak with an operator."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Try this tell them that you can not talk at the moment. then ask for their number. Say you will call them back, at supper time the next day.
They don't stay on the line very long.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top