BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey John and others - how about a RTS (Ride To SEE) that new ride and catch lunch while we're at it? Both Saturday and Sunday look pretty good.

Denny

·
Registered
505 Posts
I vote Sunday. Would love to see the new ride, John. Dan

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
How about Sunday for the RTS gang? I am Farkleizing the baby tonight and tomorrow morning still. Several of my options just showed up at the dealer this afternoon, so I've been in the garage since dinner learning about how to undress and work on the Tigger!

John

·
Registered
426 Posts
I could be tempted for Sunday. When and where.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday would work for me - wouldn't want the Tiger girl to go out without all of her Farkles!! Let's see who is tempted and we'll make a plan. Given Clayton's interest, and perhaps more northern Norweters, something tween would be in order. Suggestions?

Denny

·
Registered
505 Posts
How about our old stomping grounds in Chehalis for a late breakfast. Ramblin Jacks Rib Eye just off of I5 at exit 72. It is under new management and suppose to be really good now days. After a Country Breakfast Burrito, we could head west for the coast or where ever.

Another option would be to do our usual Doogers run and meet for lunch at Long Beach.

Other suggestions? What sounds good folks?

Dan

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good suggestions Dan. I also thought about meeting up at Raymond for lunch. It's about 100 miles and change from my house and there are options for the OR folks to get there via Astoria and Hwy 101. Not important, but there is a Dairy Queen in Raymond! Anybody else?

Denny

·
Registered
505 Posts
Raymond would be good, but nearby South Bend has better dining options. Just a thought.

Anybody out there?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I talked to Brian and he has work plans with his boat this weekend. The forecast is looking good south and out at the coast.

·
Registered
505 Posts
OK, I just spoke with Denny and here is the plan. Let's meet at River View Dining
618 W Robert Bush Dr, South Bend, WA at 12:00 Noon tomorrow, 4/29/12.

If they are too busy, we can head elsewhere, but let's meet up here. This is kind of a dive but it has out of this world food. It is right on 101 in South Bend.

See you all tomorrow!

Dan

·
Registered
474 Posts
That sounds like a great plan. I'm in unless Marcia needs me here for emotional support. She took her Mom to the hospital with stroke type symptoms. They have done a bunch of tests and decided it was not a stroke. Something called Transient Global Amnesia and she should be okay. Marcia just let me know that her Mom is home and seems to be doing okay.

I'll check back later after Marcia gets home and we talk.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Well, we'll try to see ya there, just hope we're not wringing wet when we arrive. These forecasters cannot make up their minds about the weather around here. 70% chance rain tomorrow! Tigger II does not have the fairing of the LT! Late April and I am still thinking abot wearing my winter gear!

Clayton, if you're coming you might bring along the Kenwood, and I'll toss the cable in my trunk.

Clam chowder may be in order.

John

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Ridgefield forecast says - 66 degrees, partly cloudy and 20% chance of precip! Of course I'm miles and miles away!!!! See you in South Bend.

Denny

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi guys,

Leaving soon see everyone in South Bend. No rain here til late tonight, Just overcast.

Clayton

·
Registered
426 Posts
Denny,Dan,Art, John it was so great seeing everyone today and talk about great food. It"s so true that the best food can be found in those small towns, and look like a greasy spoon on the the outside. For all who couldn't make it today you guys and gals really missed out. My ride home was dry for the most part, hope you guys had and great ride home and stayed dry.

John, what a great looking bike. I know you will have lot's of fun racking up the miles this summer. I must say you have put on some nice farkles already not to mention that color matched trunk.

Thanks for a great day guys, we will have to do it again soon.

Clayton

·
Registered
474 Posts
Food was really good and company was great. Our ride home was mixed wet and dry and we found it necessary to stop and have a DQ break.

Let's do a repeat or something similar soon. I promise to not throw away my key again, ok?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dittos folks - a great time. Hey Art, I didn't know you wanted to give that GS away that bad!!!! I think the DQ guy actually wanted to keep the keys AND the bike for himself - can't say I blame him. Beautiful new ride, John. And, Dan and I got to say hello to the camel again!

Denny

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Darn it! How did I miss this post????
:(

I hope you guys had a very fun day if riding and chowin'

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
You would have enjoyed the ride Ernie, even the wet one heading North! But coming back down was just overcast. That new Tiger can certainly kick ass! Lovin it! Tks for the excuse to ride my new toy gang. Like Art says, we gotta do this more often.

John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts