BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are traveling to the Blue Ridge parkway in late May for a little honeymooning, and would like to rent a motorcycle for about 4 - 5 days. I currently own both a 2005 R1200GS and 2009 K1200LT, which we ride extensively when it's not -20 deg and icy outside.

I've looked for rental shops, and have not had much luck finding anything in North Carolina. I would appreciate any help from those of you in this area.

NOTE: Although I would love to rent a BMW, I realize I may have to settle for something less.

Thanks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
GSM motorent in Townsend, Tn which is about 20 miles outside of gatlinburg. No it i not NC but close. Dan told e last year they were goin to get some Yamaha Tenere's in. They do rent KLR650's though. Great guy, really accomodates you. I go down and rent KLR or DR650's from him twie a year.
http://www.gsmmotorent.com/
No BMW's for rent but he and his wife ride BMW's

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
There's a new bike rental shop in Greenville, SC - 1 hr. to BRP the fast way, 1.5 hrs. to BRP the fun way. He has at least one Beemer for rent. Let me know if you're interested; if so, I'll get you his name and phone number.

- Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not sure where you would like to ride but my wife and I rented an R1200RT in Richmond VA. We booked through Ad-MoTours but they are also an Eagle Rider dealer. The bike was ready on time and spotless. There was a GS available for rent too.

It was about an hour and a half to the BRP on the highway.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
IIRC, Eagle Rider has a facility in Knoxville, TN.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts