BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to adjust the tension on the faceshield on the Nolan N-102? The helmet is 3 years old and the faceshield keeps closing whenever at 70+ or in crosswinds. It always did it some, but at high speed or heavy crosswind. Will sticking a new shield on cure it?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
fwkraft said:
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to adjust the tension on the faceshield on the Nolan N-102? The helmet is 3 years old and the faceshield keeps closing whenever at 70+ or in crosswinds. It always did it some, but at high speed or heavy crosswind. Will sticking a new shield on cure it?

IIRC, the "tension" is nothing more than a plastic molded "dot" on the end of a finger that rides in a groove. (Make sense?) No adjustments other than possibly getting heat to it and carefully bending it so there is more tension on the end. I've had mine for coming up on 3 years as well with heavy use, no issues...

·
Registered
912 Posts
We have the same problem with a 1 month old N-103. Grrr..Arrrggh. Like the internal shades, but got them so I could leave the shield up on warm days.

Bill

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I'll look at it again. Got to be a way to increase tension to be able to keep the faceshield open & not close from normal buffeting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts