BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 has just turned 20,000 mi and I went for a ride with a frend the other night and the end of the night he tells me of a noise that he can here when we ride side by side .I have my helmet on and cant hear it,so the next day I go for a ride without helmet on and sure enough sounds like the cat in the exhust is loose . anyone else have this problem, on a car they are warrantied for 100.000.mi ,how abought a bike?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Funny you mention that. I'm in Kentucky on the second day of a trip to Deals Gap NC from Dallas. Just this afternoon I heard it and it appears that I've rattled a screw loose somewhere. Everything seems fine but will check when I get home next week. Check that.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
nascar0699 said:
My 2003 has just turned 20,000 mi and I went for a ride with a frend the other night and the end of the night he tells me of a noise that he can here when we ride side by side .I have my helmet on and cant hear it,so the next day I go for a ride without helmet on and sure enough sounds like the cat in the exhust is loose . anyone else have this problem, on a car they are warrantied for 100.000.mi ,how abought a bike?
If the cat is loose just kich the exhaust . If you detect a rattle, then the cat brok free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting, just got back home yesterday from the Blueridge parkway and deals gap. Had the same problem with my 2000 LT. went to BMW dealership in Lynchburg Tenn. It turns out the manifold had come loose. They replaced the nuts with factory approved added some lock tight and I was back on the road purring along. By the way there was no charge for this work.

A great big thankyou to Jason who took care of the bike when I needed it.

Cheers

Jim Mac

Sorry my mistake the BMW dealership is called Hammersley BMW in Lynchburg Virginia not Tennessee.

Dah!!!

Jim Mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts