BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys back east have no sympathy... but what do you do when its snowing and can't go fer a ride.

Oh... Its thawing... never mind.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Yeah, I can feel your pain. It was cold here the last couple of days. Never got above 65 during the day, and the mornings with 50 .... BRRRRR....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeez Andy

Send me some of that 50 degrees to Zotter

He's got 15

·
Registered
2017 BMW R1200RT Carbon Black Mettalic
69 Posts
I would grin at this all, except San Diego area has been wet wet wet. Each time I look out it's grey, my spirit of ride whenever went out when I got older and got cars. I know I will have to get the LT wet and dirty sometime, but is that now? NO! I say! :histerica

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:
I know you guys back east have no sympathy... but what do you do when its snowing and can't go fer a ride.

You could do this...

And hope that the snow won't go away for another three months.:p

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
DaveDragon said:

Yes Sir, this is some rough weather
Dave, you are sooooooo cruel!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 K1600GTL Exclusive
167 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:

Learn to Downhill Ski :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Oh No

Ari's at it again

What you cooking up this time?

Aah, nothing terribly extreme this time:

* redoing all my electricals (and documenting them this time)
* changed the shocks to Öhlins, while the bike was stripped. (I figured it's now or never.)
* redoing my once redone dash and adding some gauges (engine + FD oil temp + manifold vacuum gauges)
* adding motor adjustment to BakUp backrest (á la "bruce2000ltc")
* adding some reversing lights (power leds)
* adding some leds in the luggage rack
* adding a bluetooth unit to mommy's Baehr
* doing some maintenace (oil change, fuel filter change etc.)
* redoing the flagpole + adding one on the left side as well

Let's see if get the bike together before the riding season ends in the fall...:p

Regards

·
Registered
226 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:
what do you do when its snowing and can't go fer a ride.
I moved to southern California.

I grew up in the suburbs of Boston (GO PATRIOTS!!!! - we'll get 'em THIS year!!) and left the summer I graduated college - I didn't want to experience another winter - and by then I'd been riding for 5 years. Haven't lived in cold climes ever since.

My first move was to Ft. Lauderdale, but I left there after 5 years because there are nothing but flat, straight roads in Florida and I couldn't take it any more.

So when a friend of mine invited me to join him for a vacation in Los Angeles, I went out for a look-see. Moved here 10 months later.

Although traffic sucks during commute time (which I knife through on my ZX-12R) some of the best roads and national parks in the world are less than a day away. The ride up the local coast has been written up in several magazines as one of the best roads in the world to ride. It takes about 20 minutes from home to get to PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). :D :D :D

So all this diatribe begs the question - why the hell don't you people in frozen tundra states move south? As motorcycle riders, I don't feel you're really committed to the sport unless you do. :histerica

Who cares about living near relatives (they just suck up all your food on Thanksgiving) and uprooting your kids (if they're so friggin' cute, move to L.A. and they can get a job doing TV commercials and you can retire early from THEIR income :eek: ), it all about riding. :dance:

Well, so, why don't you all live in a spectacular weather area?

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
mrbiker said:
Well, so, why don't you all live in a spectacular weather area?
Stop that. It's way to crowded down here already. :)

Currently 63 with light cloud cover. Think I'll go for a ride. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Please Ignore Him

Please ignore Mr. Biker. The weather in southern california really is quite miserable. We have earthquakes nearly every week. Everyone sleeps with a bucket of water next to the bed in case of fire. The roads are all overcrowded. We pack water and supplies for any trip over 20 miles due to possible traffic problems. We do not have seasons. All homes cost over a million dollars now. The only jobs available are picking strawberries.

You won't like it.

But please come visit on your vacation and leave money.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
StillJustJerry said:
Please ignore Mr. Biker. The weather in southern california really is quite miserable. We have earthquakes nearly every week. Everyone sleeps with a bucket of water next to the bed in case of fire. The roads are all overcrowded. We pack water and supplies for any trip over 20 miles due to possible traffic problems. We do not have seasons. All homes cost over a million dollars now. The only jobs available are picking strawberries.

You won't like it.

But please come visit on your vacation and leave money.
Better yet.. just send money so we can appreciate you during your absence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts