BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Cleveland is not LA or New York but does BMW really think everyone will travel that far to see their new line of bikes .Someone should tell them that the the old USA covers a little more area then Europe.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
mwnahas said:
BMW, No Show, No go. Simple.
This year, BMW is ONLY represented at the Long Beach, CA and New York, NY shows.

Man, does that ever suck! Let's leave out the whole freakin' CENTER of the country!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Welp ... from all the posts I'm reading regarding pre-orders being made without so much as sitting on the thing, it doesn't seem to matter now does it? The sheep keep lining up.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Welp ... from all the posts I'm reading regarding pre-orders being made without so much as sitting on the thing, it doesn't seem to matter now does it? The sheep keep lining up.
I wouldn't call them 'Sheep' Joe, just folks with money and motivation to move on to a new bike or just add to the fleet. I have a few friends with deposits on the Teneré. But, at least Yamaha is doing the circuit! Perhaps they have the NEED to get people interested in their new bike, and steal some thunder from the GS series.

BMW sales have been rather solid if you can believe what OTL and MOA report. I guess BMW just doesn't feel the need to spend the extra bucks to display their newest bikes except at the biggest or most populated shows and events. :bmw:

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
+1! Silly. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
dvx216 said:
I know Cleveland is not LA or New York but does BMW really think everyone will travel that far to see their new line of bikes .Someone should tell them that the the old USA covers a little more area then Europe.

"Das stinkt" :bmw:

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I first read the topic of the thread I thought it said, 'No SNOW in Cleveland" and wondered how that could be? Seriously, I am sorry that BMW avoids showing product in the Heartland of America but this is not the first year we have been "dissed" as they have not shown product at past Cleveland shows. But this fits well with BMW's apparent strategy of placing focus on the Coasts and Sunbelt where there are more riders. It also fits the limited level of support it provides its Midwest dealers, few that there are. I get very jealous hearing about apparently great dealers such as Max and Bob's, while in my experience, our local dealers sell BMW's as a sideline and are clueless on how to fix them beyond simple services.

·
Registered
616 Posts
remphoto said:
our local dealers sell BMW's as a sideline and are clueless on how to fix them beyond simple services.
I'm in the sunshine state and I got one of those 8 miles fromt he house.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Seriously - again? Well, if that's true then I've got a free weekend coming up since I won't be going to Cleveland. I am 3 hours one way to Cleveland's IMS, but heck yes I was looking forward to seeing and sitting on the new GT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts