BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 k1200lt. I have an issue where my radio display says no radio. I've looked at the fuse box under where the seat is and also disconnected the battery for an hour. Now I'm at the point where I need to take things apart. Can someone post a video on how to take the radio out or have pics. I want to check the fuse back there to see if that's blown. Thanks y'all

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
I am sure Kirk from Illinois BMW Riders has a video on tupperware removal. Basically you remove both big side panels then you can pull the stingray (where the radio is mounted) and then have a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think everything I seen so far has been with the stereo that has the CD player in it. I'm working with the one with the tape player. No I'm questioning if there is even a fuse back there to check on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello i have the same problem after washing with pressure the cassette player. can you please tell me what have you done to fix it?thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I took the entire bike apart. This part here is fried. I guess it's the computer that powers the radio. I'm thinking about buying a new one but idk if I stalling a aftermarket stereo will fix the problem anyone know if it does ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Yes I took the entire bike apart. This part here is fried. I guess it's the computer that powers the radio. I'm thinking about buying a new one but idk if I stalling a aftermarket stereo will fix the problem anyone know if it does ?
That is the controller for the Radio, if you pressure washed it you most likely got water into it and that is the cause of the failure. You will not need it for an aftermarket radio as they will have their own controls. If you want to still use the handle bar controls you will have to make an adapter to interface with the new radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts