BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is what my display now says.

I decided to re-install my CD player and screwed something up. CD (and possibly my radio) is not getting power so I assume a fuse is blown somewhere. I did a search and found that there is another fuse in he 'stingray' behind the radio. The post said a 10 amp is in the slot.

Does anyone know if the replacement of this 10 amp fuse will solve my problem? If so, is it a standard fuse?

Thanks much.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,789 Posts
Chances are you did nothing wrong. Try the old "battery disconnect" reset. The CD is controlled by the "I" Bus and re-introducing it with out a "re-boot" could be your only problem. Worth a shot. And the 10 amp is at the big connector on the back of the radio unit and it is a standard fuse. Have to fully open the stingray to get at it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Disconnect battery

Same thing happen to me I disconnected the battery for about an hour and then reconnected vaola everything worked.

Rodger

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
My radio is out also. I had the bike in for a service to repair a leaking fuel disconnect on 6/7 and when I got it back it was flashing a lower case letter "d" with two boxes next to it that had lines through them and the amber lights in the display flicker as if there is a connector just barely completing the circuit. I took a ride down to NC this last week and on the way down it would spontaneously come on even with the key turned to "R", it happened several times, once in the middle of the night as I was sleeping in my tent which woke the whole campground. After a day or two of that it stopped working altogether and now just the lights in it flicker unless the key is in the "off" position.
Dealer is putting in a warranty claim and now that I'm back I'll need to bring it in to have it replaced and may as well get the 12k service done too. Expensive bike this here beemer. I will need to look into the extended warranty very soon as without it, it's just a ticking bomb in my wallet.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed

After another search of the files I located a post by MNEBLETT that even included a picture of the radio assembly that showed the 10 amp radio fuse. A couple of hours later the blown fuse had been replaced and the bike back together with everything working fine. I may have shorted the C/D power supply wires I was using to power my C/B in an attempt to lessen the horrible noise from the bike - which was no help at all.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts