BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with most MC forums, we tend to start threads because of a problem we're having. I just wanted to say....NO PROBLEM MON! Spent a great day in the N. Ga. mountains and the LT is just plain hard to beat! So smooth! Does the twisties well even 2 up!

Interesting observation though......I'm about to click over 25,000 and it seems like the muffler is louder than it was a couple of years ago. Anyone else notice there muffler getting louder with use? Not complaining...it has a nice deep tone.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I've had some minor issues (clutch, rear main seal, final drive...), but I'm with you - NOT A PROBLEM!!!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Check the Exhaust mounting bolts (Exhaust to head) as there has been reports of them coming loose causing more noise. Also check for cracks in the pipe where the 4 pipes go into one. If all is good just get better ear plugs. :D

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Steve speaks the truth here. I have also notice a very gradual increase in the exhaust note of my beloved LT, but I like the growl, so I have done nothing! Oh, I did check the torque on the header nuts at one point, but found nothing really loose. I'm willing to bet that the copper crush rings are piratically non-existent on my Bike!

Like you say, No Problem!

John
katnapinn said:
Check the Exhaust mounting bolts (Exhaust to head) as there has been reports of them coming loose causing more noise. Also check for cracks in the pipe where the 4 pipes go into one. If all is good just get better ear plugs. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
What Steve said, check for cracks in the pipe. I had the same problem, 3 months ago. The bike kept sounding more and more like a Harley (which I can't stand it) and one day I looked under the pipe and sure enough there was a big crack. I took it to a local welder and $50 later it's running smoothly again. It sure beats getting a new muffler for $2200 at the stealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts