BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all...

Whilst on my Euro trip back in June I developed an oil and water leak on the housing unit at the front of the block, apparently the both the impeller's are shot causing the gaskets to fail, so having waited nearly 6 weeks to be slotted in for repair I went down to the garage to start her up to take her the few miles to the shop.....

Put the key in and turned and.....nothing !

No dash lights, no clicks and no whirrs !! I've checked the battery terminals for anything loose but all tight there.

I rode her back from the shop around 4 weeks ago, parked her in the garage and all was fine.

I put Optimate on yesterday morning and have just tried the key in her this morning and it's still the same... Nothing at all, no lights on dash.

Any possible solutions Guys ??

Panners :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do think you may be spot on there....

Found a couple of threads that point to the same direction.... :eek: Have just found a local supplier and I'm off to pick it up in an hour !!

Thanks for your quick reply !! :D

:bmw:

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Try putting a heavy duty charger on it for an hour or so to see if it will take a charge.

Bob

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, I agree, try a normal battery charger, as if the Optimate is the same in function as some other tenders it will not offer a current till it senses some resistance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys....

I figured out what I'd done..... Twas my fault !! Hopefully not the first and even moreso not the last to do it....

Before we went to Europe I asked a freind of mine to install a charger socket under my seat so that I could plug in a mobile phone charger and have the cable run up to the pocket in front of the tape player.... He did just that and I left the phone charger plugged into the socket upon my return. Had it not been for the oil leak I sprung whilst away I doubt it would have affected the bike at all with daily use, so £60 later and 1 brand new battery she purred back to life yesterday for me to take her to the shop to be repaired !!

I did put the trickle charger on her overnight with no luck....I'll try a heavy duty charge at the weekend

One day I learn :) :) :)

Many thanks

Panners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts