BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the petrol (gas) tank to change fuel filter and air filter the BC computer did not come on.......looks like it might be a connector not seated right.n't
As I don't have a wiring diagram can anybody tell where the power supply comes from and what connectors and pins to check?
Any other ideas?? Bike is a 2001 model.

John

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
After removing the petrol (gas) tank to change fuel filter and air filter the BC computer did not come on.......looks like it might be a connector not seated right.n't
As I don't have a wiring diagram can anybody tell where the power supply comes from and what connectors and pins to check?
Any other ideas?? Bike is a 2001 model.

John
You shouldn't have run into any connectors for the BC in changing the fuel and air filters. It is powered through 2 fuses. F1 4A in box 1 and F5 4A in box 2. Check those. You may have nicked a wire in the harness during reassembly so if the fuses are good, you may be taking it apart again to check wire integrity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses ok........
Does wiring only go through one connector?...... The one one just beside the BC unit. Or is there a second connector elsewhere?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,911 Posts
Just one connector pin 5 is hot key off and pin 10 is hot with key on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Pin 5 is hot key off and pin 10 with key on.........got good ground too.
I opened it up and inside is dry, contacts looks good etc and nothing obvious seems wrong.

Looks like BC unit is gone............

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Readings with key off and on are good. Ground pin is good too.
Inside looks good, no moisture and contacts seem good.

Looks like BC unit is faulty.......

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,911 Posts
Sounds like it died. I am sure you guessed that pin 6 was the ground with the brown wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts